Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-18-2001, 12:00 AM   #31
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Allright, I got Jan this is my party now:

Me(Kensai-I decided not to dual)
Minsc
Valygar(his eguipment rocks!)
Jan
Jaheira
Aerie

Where can I find a magical melee weapon for Jaheira, she is useless vs. the shadows I am currently facing.
Right now I am at the Ruined Temple. I am undrground, I don't find it too hard. Where do I meet up with Mazzy? Should I keep her, Valygar, or Jaheira? I am not worried about Jaheira's healing, I will get by with Aerie, my spec. abilities, and Minsc's 2 CLW.

Actually, I would keep Jaheira, or switch her out for Anomen. You need a decent cleric or druid; Aerie is not strong enough in this area alone to make it worth your while. If you keep her, swing over to Trademeet and do the quests there. Without spoiling too much, they are a trading town with nothing to trade, and you need to restore order to the place. Along the way, you get 2 decent scimitars, a decent spear (she is not proficient with spears, but she can use them), and a nice club. However, there is a nicer club for sale in the town once you finish the quests, along with other really good equipment and spells for your party. However, you have to do the first two quests to have anyone sell you anything.

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Temporarily lose Valygar, and add Nalia to your party. You get her keep as your stronghold (lots of quests and xp) once you finish her quest. You just have to keep her long enough to finish the quest; you can ditch her after you get the keep. You do not have another stronghold you can get as a fighter, so you pretty much have to get Nalia for a while (unless you want to miss out on all of the xp by not getting your stronghold ).

After ditching Nalia, get Valygar back into your party long enough to open the door to the planar sphere. Valygar really is not as good a character as either Mazzy or Keldorn; keep him long enough to get into the sphere, then get rid of him (however, the planar sphere is pretty nasty, so you might want to wait on getting him until you are ready to handle that). His equipment is decent; however, you can get even better equipment for Mazzy and Keldorn that turn them into machines of death.

Anyway, that's just my two cents worth...

------------------

Death is only the beginning...
Old 08-18-2001, 04:08 PM   #32
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Actually you do not need to add nalia to your party to get her quest. It works just fine without. Tell her you will meet her there.
Old 08-18-2001, 04:31 PM   #33
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by deathknight:
Actually you do not need to add nalia to your party to get her quest. It works just fine without. Tell her you will meet her there.
Actually, I forgot about that!

------------------

Old 08-18-2001, 04:37 PM   #34
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

As a rule i get a party early, and stick with it without dropping/adding others.

Makes life so much simpler....

------------------
Old 08-18-2001, 05:09 PM   #35
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
As a rule i get a party early, and stick with it without dropping/adding others.

Makes life so much simpler....

In BG1, that was pretty much essential. But in BG2, with the introduction of the NPC quests, a case can be made for switching out NPCs. I also tend to stick to one party once I have it formed, but some of the quests that are not necessary but close to being so (Trademeet if you are missing a druid, the planar sphere needing Valygar, etc.) require some switching if you already have your 5 NPCs selected and settled in. I guess it is up to your playing style. I currently have Mazzy in my good-only party; I will be switching her out for Valygar to do the planar sphere, then dropping him for Keldorn (the one I want in the first place). That's just the way it goes, I guess.

------------------

Old 08-18-2001, 05:39 PM   #36
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

None of the quest actually require the party member(s) to be in the party though. If you dont have Jaheria or Cernd, Cernd can still fight faldorn (she's from bg1 i just noticed) While you can just kill valygar and use his body to open the door.

*shrugs*, but i guess your right, depends on your playing style

------------------