Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2002, 11:59 PM   #1
Tiamat
Banned User

The things I might do different than the usual 99%.

1. I put ME first. I think my survival and well being is 1st. She comes a close second.
2. I will treat her like a paladin would; with care.
3. I wuld state that she IS wrong when needed; I am NOT a Yes-Man.
4. I will complement her everyday with a different more poetic compliment like "My soul flies through the galactic cosmos when im with you". Yep. I never quite run out of good things to say.

5. I would say my HONEST opinion when it comes to the classique 'does this dress make me look fat' and I will quickly cast Spell Trap and Damage Reduction following that statment.
Old 04-20-2002, 12:01 AM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Yea. Mee too. Other wise it would be like suicide. [img]graemlins/beheaded.gif[/img] for you.
Old 04-20-2002, 03:01 AM   #3
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Quote:
1. I put ME first. I think my survival and well being is 1st. She comes a close second.
no,she should come first.and when you have kids they come first then her,then you.
Quote:
5. I would say my HONEST opinion when it comes to the classique 'does this dress make me look fat' and I will quickly cast Spell Trap and Damage Reduction following that statment.
wrong!thay have a chain contingency up for just this question.you wouldn't have time to get a spell off before she is handing you your own head.and hope it's the one on your shoulders.
Old 04-20-2002, 03:04 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
quote:
no,she should come first.and when you have kids they come first then her,then you.
Quote:
wrong!thay have a chain contingency up for just this question.you wouldn't have time to get a spell off before she is handing you your own head.and hope it's the one on your shoulders.
[/QUOTE]ROTFL! And soooooooo true!
Old 04-20-2002, 09:52 AM   #5
Tiamat
Banned User

If you are dying in an alley, but your girl is wearing a ruby necklace that you spent your last dollar on....... and you are slowly becoming a part of Oblivion............... you have wished that you had actually fed yourself and paid your car debts and your mortegage... I dont understand the logic behind 'putting her first' after all your NOT immortal and you are always full........ dear god.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:01 AM   #6
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Tiamat, you're forgetting that a relationship like this is a two way thing, you should put them first, just as you'd hope they put you first.
I don't mean totally, everyone's got to look after themselves, but a relationship wouldn't work one bit if both were only thinking of their own concerns.
Anyway, everyone knows the easiest way out of the do I look fat in this comment is 'Melf's Incoherent Grunt' followed by an 'Abi-Dalzim's you look lovely.'

[ 04-20-2002, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: Talthyr Malkaviel ]
Old 04-20-2002, 10:02 AM   #7
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat:
If you are dying in an alley, but your girl is wearing a ruby necklace that you spent your last dollar on....... and you are slowly becoming a part of Oblivion............... you have wished that you had actually fed yourself and paid your car debts and your mortegage... I dont understand the logic behind 'putting her first' after all your NOT immortal and you are always full........ dear god.

Good grief, it's not about ruby necklaces or money Tiamat - for the sake of womankind I hope you grow up soon [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2002, 10:05 AM   #8
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiamat:
Yes, but if you were in extremem poverty you wouldn't buy them a ruby necklace, and most people would understand that if you aren't very well off.
Anyway, putting them first doesn't mean buying them tons of gifts until you are poor, that's spoiling them and ruining your self.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:11 AM   #9
Tiamat
Banned User

I know Im new to them, but I would strive to make treat them like a queen, but a woman shouldnt expect to be treated like one...... sure the guys got be chivalrous, but come on! When God made me (I believe) I was given a sort of semi advanced thinking pattern so that I would sorta see how the rest of the planes works...... but bak to topik...... I wuld get her flowers on valentines day and such......
Old 04-20-2002, 10:17 AM   #10
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

Good grief, it's not about ruby necklaces or money Tiamat - for the sake of womankind I hope you grow up soon [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
Epona, I don't think that it's gonna happen very soon. Tiamat, your thread is so full of unrealistic scenarios and mistaken ideas about women that it gives me a headache. Spend some time talking to real women and you can rid yourself of your unrealistic expectations.