Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2001, 06:58 PM   #1
ccannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello again, all-knowing colleagues. . .
I'm in the Serpent Temple and have been nosing around some storeroom (with a bunch of crates and barrels) looking for one of the figurines (I guess its the 2nd monkey fig). I can't find it yet and was wondering if I'm missing something big.
Thanks a lot everyone!
ccannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 07:02 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Not sure since there are a number of areas that fit the description of storeroom with crates and barrels. Did you get there by taking the lift from the kitchen??

Check here if you're still stuck:
http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 07:03 PM   #3
slug
Manshoon

how many figurines do you have? a monkey is carrying one around. he ends up in the coin lever puzzle room as often as not. one of the other figurines is in there as well, behind door #5. if you see the monkey, do not approach, just blast it.
slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 07:03 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

You're in the right area (I think), if it's the oblong shaped room with the elevator lift in the corner that you get to from the Kitchen area. Go up to the topmost room (catch the lift ALL the way to the top) and you'll find the chest with the figurine in it.

While you're up there, check out the Belfry, too! You can stack crates up next to where the chest is and "jump" up to it.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 07:04 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

boom boom boom!!

three in a row!

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 07:06 PM   #6
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Can you point out your location here? Sounds like you may be in the upper storerooms past the kitchen (J)?

Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 07:14 PM   #7
ccannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks everybody for the amazingly fast replies! I was killing time and looking at the other questions (for parts of the game I am yet to get to *grin*) and here were 5 replies! I have the snake and one other figurine (the one from near the beginning).

I came up from the kitchen - maybe I didn't go "all the way up". I'll see if there's anyway to go up further. Where I ended up (after getting the empty flask off the table)was a room with a ramp and a bunch of barrels. I smashed all of them finding some odds and ends (of course, NO cure poison but don't get me started). the ramp goes to a room with a bunch of crates which I, in my standard finesse style of play, smashed and didn't find a figurine. I'll go back and see if there is another level above me.

Maybe my guys (and gals) are too weak right now but they get poisoned 24/7 and my poor priest doesn't have cure poison yet. Hence me walking five steps, saving, walking five steps, getting Venom Bite-d by the priests, reloading. . . killing me.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your help and I'll check back with you!!
Old 03-27-2001, 09:17 PM   #8
Gaius Pecunia
Dungeon Master

Cure Poison is a necessity, get the spell (4th Level Vine) or buy as many Cure Poison potions as you can before you go. Also, there are two levels with the kitchen elevator. The top level has the chest with the 2nd Monkey Idol.
Gaius Pecunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 09:38 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The Wizard's Guild sells an unlimited amount of Cure Poison potions. Of course, you have to have the money for it.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 12:51 AM   #10
ccannon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks everybody!

I got the figurine (pays to ride on the stupid elevator) and, of course, everybody is poisoned. . . I give up trying to keep them unpoisoned! They're tough, they can take it. . .

Yeah, buy a bunch of Cure Poison would have been nice. Of course, the two I bought are long gone. I just did a bunch of stuff (from my handy dandy walkthru) and of course 6/6 were poisoned. . . killing me (literally and figuratively). I'll try it again tomorrow and hope for better luck. .

Thanks again for all of your help and advice.