Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 12-03-2000, 12:00 AM   #1
xenotoca

I suspect Druckus has hit the nail on the head. I kept trying to use the pry scroll on a chest and wondered why it would not work. All spells in the game must be cast on a PC or NPC not on objects.

You should be able to have separate portals in every different scene. ie one in every dungeon,one in land outside valeria ect. As soon as you cast another portal in a scene the original one vanishes. I have had problems casting outside of any of the dungeons as combined with the call of home spell it allows you to get back to town every time you complete a quest or level up get the ExPoints leave town teleport back to just outside the dungeon.
On some rare occasions if you cannot cast the spell in that area it should read
"The spell fizzles"

Old 12-03-2000, 09:32 AM   #2
Mammawlin

Okay, I finally got the Portal and Teleport spells and couldn't hardly wait to try them this morning, but I don't seem to be able to cast the Portal spell. Is there a trick to it or something? Amberkins has been clicking away, but nothing happens. What's up, what is the correct formula??? Please help us!

Old 12-03-2000, 09:42 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Where are you trying to cast the create portal spell??

There are some areas in which you cannot create a portal - this generally seems to be inside dungeons where it would be most handy TO create a portal. Outdoors, I never found any problem. After you have created your portal, you need to move off from your portal to cast teleport - returning to the portal you made. Having Call of Home, which takes you back to the last town you visited is really handy with these other two spells.

Wyv
Old 12-03-2000, 09:49 AM   #4
Mammawlin

Wyv, Thanks for being there! I was so anxious to try the spell that I couldn't wait to redo the stairs puzzel in the stick room, so I went out back to Doshi Gin's lair and tried to cast it there. I figured since it wounldn't work inside the tunnel, it must need to be cast outside - but it didn't work out there either. Maybe I need to go out in front of the boogre cave??? Bless you!

Old 12-03-2000, 10:29 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You find places that it will work and you'll be very glad!! Saves a lot of time later in the game when you have to go far distances from the town and wind up loaded down with loot to cash in!
Get Call of Home as soon as you can! The three spells together are really nice!

Wyv
Old 12-03-2000, 10:50 AM   #6
Mammawlin

So you can't just cast it anywhere, hmmmm. I tried to cast it out front of the boogre cave, but it wouldn't work there either. . . guess I'll walk around and see if I can find a spot where it will work. How and who gets the Call Home spell, Wyv? And Thank you, again!

God speed!

Old 12-03-2000, 10:56 AM   #7
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Additional information (you beauty, I got one that Wyv missed) - the spell works perfectly inside dungeons. You are allowed to create a portal in each map environment. This means if you create one in the Boogre caverns, you can teleport to it if you are in the bounds of the caverns (ie the switch to load scenery etc). If you were out in Doshi Gin's Lair, then you were in the "West Ishad' Nha" environment and you had no portal created. I keep a strategic portal in every dungeon and map area I visit in case I run into problems. They will always remain, even when you leave the area. The only thing that cancels them is when you make another portal in that same map area. Beam me up Scotty!!!
Old 12-03-2000, 11:05 AM   #8
freudianslip
Welcomed New User

Level 7 moon on the call to home! I hope to pick it up today, myself. Are you getting the "fizzle" message when you try to cast it?
Old 12-03-2000, 11:09 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The spell fizzles if you cast it in a dungeon area Mr Ukabu-slip - Shinwiki say must be in outdoor map area to go home.
Old 12-03-2000, 11:13 AM   #10
Mammawlin

Davros, I can't seem to cast it at all! I don't think I was getting a "fizzle", Freudianslip. I'll pay closer attention to this. Sorcerary skill is only 2, could this be why? I click nothing happens, darn darn darn! I was trying to go back to get evil eye for all my characters, and trying to avoid crossing that hurtful floor puzzel on the way back. I just wanted to do the eye thing and teleport back to the end of that puzzel to leave. . . but NOOOOOOO, it won't let me. Shooty!