Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-04-2001, 07:54 AM   #1
Epona
Zartan

Arg, help.

For the first time in many months of playing BGII, Mae'Var has asked me to steal the statue of Lathander instead of the Talos Necklace.

I can't seem to get it without the alarms sounding and the priests going hostile. I have tried the lone thief armed with potions of invisibility, I have tried using other characters to distract the guards and priests, what should I do?

I don't want to kill the priests & guards here - I'm playing an evil party, but this temple may be of use later - they seem to sell some good gear that I can't afford right now (& don't have the ability to steal yet) besides anything else. My priority is to get Edwin quickly, and I can't do that until I've got this bloomin' statue!!!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-04-2001, 08:51 AM   #2
Dramnek_Ulk

i never manged to do this without turning them hostile. I dont think theres any other way apart from just nabbing it.

------------------

"But not a single skull was to be found; all taken as sick trophies by these despicable attackers."

Old 03-04-2001, 08:58 AM   #3
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Well the alarm only sounds when they SEE you stealing, so if you manage to take them out of sight, you will have no problem. You can do this just waiting till they go out of sight (maybe it will never happen) or charm them and make them walk far from you.

Anyway, when i played the evil party i just killed them all.

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-04-2001, 09:37 AM   #4
Epona
Zartan

OK, kill them it is! This is certainly working out very different than my usual game!!!

------------------

Old 03-04-2001, 10:32 AM   #5
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Nah, I've play an evil party and I've stolen the Lathander statue just for the hell of it. Makes a good coversation piece in my Thives guild (Ie: Not an actual game converstation) what I did is talk with the priest blah blah blah and he walked out and left eventualy yoshimo detected the trap and locked picked it 2 of my other party memebers blocked the priests way my guy took the staue and voila no hostile priests.

Old 03-04-2001, 10:42 AM   #6
Epona
Zartan

Thanks Strahd, I could give that a try. I've got Artemis Entreri as my thief at the moment (see Memnoch's thread on 'hidden NPC' for more info) and his trap detection is the only thing which is a bit lacking at the moment (60) - and it's gonna be years before he levels up!

Does anyone know if the 'Dawn Ring' plot still happens later on for evil parties? Or does it happen differently? I normally have to get it for the Temple of Lathander when I play a good alignment, and that's the other reason I don't want to kill the priests (in other words I was going to loot the temple for its riches *after* I'd got the exp. for getting the ring, BWAHAHAHAHA). But I really can't wait that long for Edwin, no way!

------------------

Old 03-04-2001, 11:11 AM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I managed not to alert anyone by having Viconia cast santurary, I only sent her into the area where the statue is. Sometimes I've noticed the priests also walks around, maybe his absence is also a contributing factor to not sounding the alarm.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-04-2001, 11:15 AM   #8
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
Yes, Dawn Ring quest happens even for evil parties. But once the guys in Lathander Temple turn hostile, the quest cannot be completed (but the guy at Helm still "sends you" to Lathander... Helm sees all? Yeah right.). If you want to do the Dawn Ring quest, it will be a better idea to finish it prior to stealing the statue (just to be safe about them turning hostile).

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-04-2001, 05:50 PM   #9
Epona
Zartan

Thanx everyone for helping me on my first journey to the 'dark side' BWAHAHAHA

The priests and guards are all dead, the Temple of Lathander is no more - I guess the ring quest will have to remain undone! I never really liked that one anyway - too much running around for too little reward!

------------------

Old 03-04-2001, 05:58 PM   #10
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Just a suggestion for your leisure, why not empty out the Order of Radiant Heart building?
It doesn't affect you reputation.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!