Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2001, 08:42 PM   #21
Moni

{{{{{{{Ryanamur!}}}}}}}
Nice to see you here.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 08-24-2001, 08:49 PM   #22
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by DEADMAN:
Hi,
I started in th bg2 forum looking for info and then started wandering the game forums till I ended up here to see what everyone is talking about.It looks intresting so far.
Hi Deadman!
Nice to see you!
Please spread the word in the BGII Forum - we don't bite, anyone is welcome to come and visit.
Old 08-26-2001, 06:54 AM   #23
Lifetime
Red Dragon

It suddenly occurred to me that many newbies might misunderstand that we, like other boards have this thing against mindless chat and spamming
And a lot of them hang out in the BG2 and TOB boards..just take a look at the who's online every once in a while and you'll see names that you've never heard from..
We should start more newbie threads in the GD methinks..

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 08-26-2001, 07:02 AM   #24
Kaz

The problem is that newbies in the GD section STOP being newbies very quickly (I've been registered for 8 days). I had less than 100 posts when I started this thread... 2 days ago. The newbies in the BG section are newbies for a while because there aren't so many things you can post an answer to.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-26-2001, 07:32 AM   #25
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
I think this belongs in the Is it possible to know anything at all thread

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-26-2001, 08:13 AM   #26
Istaron
Banned User

Weell, when I was new, I checked the GD once, but the only thing that was discused was something like "Rugby, the game they play in heaven" and since I don't like rugby I never started to hang here
When I hade about 200 posts, I was bored like hell and thought I could check General again see if rugby was still a hot subject... it wasn't

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 08-26-2001, 11:07 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
Weell, when I was new, I checked the GD once, but the only thing that was discused was something like "Rugby, the game they play in heaven" and since I don't like rugby I never started to hang here

What?!? Sacrilege!!!!

------------------
Old 09-25-2001, 02:11 PM   #28
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Something I noticed while browsing around the Baldurs Gate + TotSC section. Almost all the people who post there are newbies i havent seen anywhere else, while here in the General Discussions section you dont often see people with under 100 posts (Im an exception ). Are they afraid? Maybe one should put up a sign in the BG and BG II sections (among others) saying DON'T BE AFRAID TO COME TO THE GENERAL DISCUSSION SECTION WE DON'T BITE cause i think it is really fun here and these people are missing something.

Couldn't help dragging this up again! Isn't Kaz wicked cute?

------------------

Old 09-25-2001, 02:54 PM   #29
Kaz

I thought it was a bit ridiculous because now I have over 1000 posts... that was before I noticed that the post number updates itself
Aww... lookit the cute newbie (I'm allowed to say things like that because I'm talking about myself)

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-25-2001, 03:20 PM   #30
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
I thought it was a bit ridiculous because now I have over 1000 posts... that was before I noticed that the post number updates itself
Aww... lookit the cute newbie (I'm allowed to say things like that because I'm talking about myself)

Yea, thats what I thought. I couldn't help thinking of how different you are now

------------------