Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-17-2005, 11:59 PM   #1
Mierkos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey everybody,

I dont know if this bug is discussed on the boards or not but here it goes. I ran into an odd problem the first time I returned to the stout mines. ( I went to town to sell off some stuff and when I came back, old pastafagiole wouldn't let me back in with my writ. He kept saying "if your ready to leave,put your writ in the drawer" or some such nonsense. It took me several tries to get him to let me in.

The other problem I had in the Stout Mines was with obtaining the needed Dragon ore for the highly prized and required Dragon armor. I used every pick axe I found on every ore pile in the place and always got "something is needed" AND since ole french fry was no help, my party killed the stout king and looted the place. I did well and found 2 suits of Dragon armor--My Barbarian and Paladin look quite stylish now.

ANY advice here would be welcome. I created a second team and would like to avoid slaughtering King Fry guy and his home dogs when I get to the mines.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:44 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The Pastolio bug. Wait! Pastolio will continue talking nonsense and give you bags of writs but, in the end, he will let you in (or out) as you wanted.
Therefore, don't panic, if you want enter the Mines and Pastolio tells you that he will let you out or if he wants to see your writ after your having put it into the drawer. Wait. You will get several writs but you will pass in the right direction.
It happens sometimes, that Pastolio opens the Mines but then he closes it immediately. Continue waiting. He will usually open the mines again later If waiting does not help and Pastolio does not seem to open the Mines then give him one of the writs and try again.

2. The Pick Axe. I've never seen the problem You should be able:
(a) Use the pick axe. Activate "use" on the button menu. Scroll the list until it displays the pick axe. Target the ore pile and click.
(b) "Attack" with the pick axe. Equip the pick axe, activate "fight" on the button menu. Target the ore pile and click.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:42 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Radek - really???

I always thought that once you started getting more than one writ you basically had some problems but I know you have played W&W far more often than I have. Thought the standard solution was to get rid of all the other writs.

Mierkos - Radek has explained how to use the picks. You'll only find dragon ore way down in the mines in the area that the Lava Hounds like.
If you've already killed off the King - the ore won't do you a lot of good but since you already have Dragon Armor - no great loss.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:33 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

Naturally, you'd better throw the surplus writs away. Mierkos has met the the source (the bug) of multiple writs and he has become confused. No wonder, Pastolio behaved chaotically and seemed to do something what he wasn't wanted to do [img]smile.gif[/img]

As far as the bug is concerned, it's completely normal, I have seen it many times. It's annoying but harmless. Once I had more than 15 writs on two piles when I finished the Mines - one pile outside the Mines, the other inside [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2005, 08:38 AM   #5
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

sell them?

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:43 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

No one will buy the writs, so you can just drop them where you like. I've never had real problems when I had more than one writ on hand... sometimes Signore Pastolio would do the old in and out, and sometimes he would just let me go where I wanted.

There is another option to get out of the "I'm lettin' you in now... I'm lettin' you out now..." trap. Whenever he lets you go where you want, run through the door as soon as it opens. He can only transport you between the maps if you're actually in that room. If you run out and he closes the doors... nothing happens. And he doesn't even close the doors! Just start through as soon as he starts talking again.

With respect to the pick axe, you may be falling into some confusion. A pick axe lets you "open" an ore pile by using it on the pile. An ore pile has a chance to either give you something or be empty. If it's empty, you can get the "something is needed" message (I think).

If it gives you something, that something is a gem. Clicking on the gem will add it to your inventory. Gems are nice to sell...

In two spots in the game, an ore pile will yield a silvery metal. That's the Dragon Ore that Freyedies is looking for. Give that to him, run back to the entrance to the lower mine shafts, and run back to him, and he'll be done with your dragon armor. You can then steal it back from him, give it back again, and repeat the process.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote