Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 09-02-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Default Partying

I usually take up any invitation to join a party in EFU.

The times I reject are when I know I'm on for a short while - usually when something needs doing here and I'm only taking the opportunity to check builds, sell gear, try a short run or set up a build.

Been busy lately so I have had to say no to more invitations than I like.

Anyone needs anything from the current crop of small, nasty mace wielders please carry on asking.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
garrison
Manshoon

Default Re: Partying

Some players refuse/ignore invitations as you describe while others join with a caveat that they may need to bail at any moment. I find (from the party perspective) I much prefer the latter as abrupt disconnects can occur for any number of reasons so I'm not bothered by them (just ask Carson ).

In my experience you and those others who send explanatory remarks are in a courteous minority, i.e. most declinations are without comment and until the options are [accept|ignore|refuse|graciously decline] seem to come down on the wrong side of etiquette.
garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

I'll join any party as long as it finishes in the kitchen, that's where all the best parties are held! But I believe that when I don't join a party I usually explain, and often I join, state that I may bail and then I hang around for hours on end , meanwhile, back in RL my body gets in trouble for spending too much time on the computer

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
toot033
Red Wizard of Thay

I try to give some reason why I can't join up as well. Sorry If I've been rude.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #5
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

Who said anything about being sorry for rudeness? Ha! I laugh when I'm rude. Ha! Ha! And Ha! again.

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.

Last edited by Unglaublich Verwustung; 09-03-2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Oops. My 'evil me' got loose again. :-)
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
Carson Drayke
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrison View Post
...(just ask Carson ).
On that subject, I cancelled the cell phone card service I was using and am now waiting for DSL installation, so hopefully the internet disconnects won't be so bad...I'm pretty sure DSL out here in the boonies is nothing like what the city has, but it has to be better than what I've used previously...if I ever get connected. On the other hand, when I make it back, I'll be on a laptop with Vista, which may cause it's own headaches.