Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #1
JDR13
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Can't play movies.

Well after fiddling around for a few hours last night I finally got W&W running on my WindowsXP system. The only thing that won't work are the movies, if I try to watch the intro my computer locks up. After I downloaded the Bink video tool and I can view the movies that are in the movie folder in the W&W directory, but it still won't let me watch them in the game for some reason. There's no error message, just an abrupt sound and then it freezes and I have to Ctr-Alt-Del to get out of it. Any ideas?
JDR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Can't play movies.

Welcome to the boards, JDR13!!!

I'm no techie so have no solutions for the movie problem - you don't really need them to play the game if that makes any difference to you.

Hope someone else will have a suggestion that can resolve the problem.

Wyv
Wyvern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:25 AM   #3
JDR13
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I wish the movies were my only problem. Shortly after starting this thread I discovered that I have the targeting bug in Windows XP. I cannot target monsters, items, or doors\gates with my mouse. I've spent hours trying to figure it out but there doesn't seem to be a fix for it.

My next step is to try to run the game in QEMU, but first I have to figure out how to even use QEMU lol.
JDR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:58 AM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Did you try ACT20?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:29 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the boards.