Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
Lymond
Manshoon

It's been a long time since I've been in the Dale!

I recently tried to reinstall IWD, only to find that the kids had scratched Disc 2. I tried buffing it, etc, but the scratches are too deep.

I can copy many of the files on the disc, but the autorun files are trashed.

Can these be downloaded anywhere?

Lymond
Old 12-08-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

what do you mean buffing it? Are you sure the scratches are too deep? Have you tried one of those cd scratch repair kits?

btw, you will need all of the files from the cd. Even if you repair the autorun file and install the game, you will later come across the area whose file is on the disc and you won't be able to load it if it is damaged.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Try a kit like Game Doctor, it will work for most scratches.

[ 12-08-2006, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:39 PM   #4
Lymond
Manshoon

I brought the disc to a used cd store that buffed it with a machine. I heard this was better than using vasaline, peanut butter, etc. It removed all the small scratches, but left some major ones, including one that may be on the paint/metal side.

I can copy most of the files to a temp folder, except for two of the autorun files, so there's some hope. If I could get the autorun files, I would try to burn all the files onto a new cd.

Worst case, I purchase the IWD bundle that I've seen, which includes #2 that I haven't played.

I'll let you know how I do.

Lymond

ps- Pritchke- I'm glad to see you're still around. You always gave me the best advice. If I never said it before- Thank you.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:35 AM   #5
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Good luck! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote