Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 AM   #1
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

OH MY GOD.

This is an epic comic book, if I may say so myself.

Its a manga, yes. But Don't let that turn you away, or anything. Its got all the elements of an epic work. I'd say it goes right up there with lord of the rings in the form of a comic. Its spectacular.

Its got fighting, big swords, curvy females, and more fighting, horses, demons, monsters, and pixies...

I've never been so drawn in by a comic book, and while my description may come off as simply another fantasy book. Its not. Those are in there, but the main story is narrarated in a professional method. You'll forget that you're reading a comic book. Its amazing. You get totally drawn in the book.

Its literally got something for everyone. You like knights? Its got them. You like fighting? its got that . You like romance? its got that. You like romance gone wrong ? Its got that too. Politics? You betcha. Demons? Sure as hell. Crazy things that only japanese people can come up with? That too.

Although this is clearly not suitable for those with a weak stomach due to all sorts of things such as gore, blood, and sex. But for anyone itching for a good read,no. An extraordinary read, I stronly urge you to read this.

Its currently at 32 volumes and running. There are places you can get it online through IRC with fantranslated/scanned methods. However I'm not sure if I am allowed to speak of that here, so if you would like to read this PM me about it. But above all you must read this comic book!!

(I really someone so I can go all fanboy about this on him/her)
Spirits Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:00 AM   #2
uss
20th Level Warrior

I haven't read the manga much, but I can't stress enough how much I loved the TV series. I'll absolutely definitely read the manga one day, but I'd much rather reading it from paper, so getting around to it is going to take some time.

I've heard people say that the anime had nothing on the manga, but I was totally immersed in it. As soon as I'd seen the show, I began to base much of my writings (short stories; don't have much yet) on a universe, which is, in some aspects, much like that of Berserk.

I must admit that I wouldn't agree that it has something for everyone. Its appeal to me came from the gritty and demonic human-centered medieval universe, which the mangaka could make into something so dramatic, dark, heroic, violent and dreamy at the same time. The philosophical ventures and political intrigue rocked. The themes of betrayal and tragic love were masterfully done.

Okay, enough of my ranting.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

manga is waaay better than the tv series bec the tv series cuts some events being too mature. still love it [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

well maybe not everyone

I am a current extreme fanboy, so you should take what I say with a grain of salt . lol
Old 04-08-2007, 08:54 PM   #5
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

what part of the manga are you now in Spirits?

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-11-2007, 06:05 PM   #6
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

I'm all the way in. I'm waiting for the new chapters.

D:

32 volumes went by fast...lol
Old 04-11-2007, 10:34 PM   #7
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Has it all been translated yet? I'm a fan of the anime, but I've not had a chance to read the manga. Last time I checked, they only had four volumes out.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:41 PM   #8
Spirits Reborn
Anubis

Yep, 32 volumes have been translated (fan trans) but nonetheless. The fanscanning group "Band of HAWks" did a great job, its almost professional.

If you want I can PM you a way to get them.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:46 AM   #9
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

pmed you calaethis [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 04-12-2007, 03:51 AM   #10
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirits Reborn:
I'm all the way in. I'm waiting for the new chapters.

D:

32 volumes went by fast...lol
yeah its pretty cool how 32 volumes just go right by you [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Its great!

Catch me if you can..