Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-02-2002, 10:26 PM   #1
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Today was the day of said event. I don't know what was worse; the piercing cold, the stinging rain, the burning lips or the wet hair. All I know is that all of these things were big factors in the day. After waking up at 7:10 and being rushed into a sweater and my band shirt and being driven to the band room I could tell today was going to suck. When I stepped out of the bus and felt the rain on me, I knew it was.
The field was muddy, and my horn was freezing in my hands. I'm convinced that I saw a few snow flakes while waiting to begin the march on, and with how cold it was you'd be hard-pressed to convince me otherwise. But the mud didn't mess us up too much; we still came in fifth overall, and we were competing against bands from Springfield, MO and Fayetville, AR. Overall, not a bad outcome, except for the fact that at one point my thighs were numb and myself and a fellow band member were nearly flayed for the telling of dead baby jokes ("Those are horrible!" "Horribly funny!" [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Well anyways, I'm back after a freezing day of rain. The gals said I look cute with wet hair though, so maybe it wasn't a loss after all. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 10:30 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

My man, as a former band member, I can promise you that in 20 years, you'll remember today as one of the most fun days you ever had. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2002, 10:31 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Especially, if you got to sit with one of those "cute" gals on the bus on the way home.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:37 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Congrats on coming 5th Sephy [img]smile.gif[/img] . Hope your spit valve didn't freeze over!

Playing when it's cold sucks though I know. We used to have practice at 7:30am; some mornings it was really cold. Well not cold like your type of cold, but cold enough for me anyway . Hard to get your fingers moving! And cold makes your reed all ick too, though you wouldn't have to worry about that.