Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2002, 09:05 PM   #1
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

That's right you roleplaying ingrates, the originals are back. The one that started it all. BASK IN ITS GLORY! Bow your foolish little heads! Or...
Or we'll throw soggy pop-tarts at you!

A'ight ya'll. I realize we haven't been here it *quite* a while. Don't worry, I'm trying to give you a bit more detail than usual on your location and what the Hell you were up to. If you find yourself lost and confused, blame Deiter. And as always, if something else goes wrong and you can't find anybody to blame, blame Larry. Tee hee hee... Let's see here though. Obviously "The One-Eyed Wolf" is an ancient game and is not going to be taking on any spontaneous new members. Just the way it is folks. If you really, absolutely, just hafta hafta get into this game... I'm sorry, you're screwed. Heh heh... All right, maybe somebody'll take pity on you, but I wouldn't count on it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] We're a bunch of mean, nasty, evil people here at the OEW. I don't know why you'd want to play anyway. We bite! Rarrr!

SO... The people of the OEW last time I checked were...
  • Spree
  • Deiter
  • Larry
  • Mistral
  • Sephi
  • Kaz
  • Neb
Now... WHERE WERE WE... [img]tongue.gif[/img] *Beats Mr. Leafblade*
Chani is currently in her home village of Ravenwood. She got 'abducted' from the tavern about 4 days ago by her brother Arrakis. She fled to the graveyard as soon as she got there, where she met the ghosts of her deceased family, and got some wonderful and frightening visions from the spirit of Cyrus. She's currently still located in the graveyard of Ravenwood.

Deiter is currently in the One-Eyed Wolf. Chani had been acting sickly earlier that day, and he'd sent her off to rest, and was taking care of the tavern by himself. He then found himself leapt upon by Past, who distracted him while Arrakis went through the window to abduct Chani. He's yet to discover that his love is gone, but her broken necklace on the floor might give a hint.

Larry & Mistral had been hanging around the Silverfall manor. After each of them had recieved a series of frightening and/or confusing visions, they decided to head back into the city and visit the tavern.

Sephi has been blissfully lazy for the past few days/weeks, staying at the tavern with his wife and helping Deiter and Chani out here and there.

Neb & Kaz are confusing poor Spree. Kaz had temporarily quit, and I suppose Neb had gradually shuffled out too. ~Shrugs~ They were last seen at the tavern.
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 09:12 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sephi was lounging around in the chair, leaning back with his feet on the table. His wife, however, had been gone for most of the day and hadn't told him where he was, and this worried him. She had been spending an awful lot of time away from him recently, sometimes days at a time, and she seemed to hold out her harsh 's' sounds longer than usual. He actually had to grab his ears whenever she said 'mouths'! So instead of being suspicious he had decided to place a dispel illusion trap on the door for her...

[ 07-19-2002, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: SSJ4Sephiroth ]
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 09:26 PM   #3
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

OOC>>> SOOO.... it's finally back But I think Larry and myself were at the island which we won from the lich [img]tongue.gif[/img] Ah well ~ Shrugs ~ Let's just take it too much a paradise can get nauseating and they decided to head for the manor after a while [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

IC>>>
She stares out of the window in a pensive pose, not quite noticing her beloved hawk hovering outside. Neither does she hear the footsteps creeping behind her...

"Eek!" ~ She jolts up as the pair of hands grasp her shoulders tightly, then relaxes as she hears the familiar chuckle ~ "Larry Silverfall! Whatever do you mean by scaring the life out of me?!" Turning around, she pouts at him sulkily.

"Heh! Don't be angry, Mistral." ~ He reaches to twirl the lock of her raven hair that he so loves ~ "It only means my stealth ability is improving and you should be glad for me." ~ To silence her, he hugs her closely, pressing her head gently against his shoulder. ~ "Isn't life good?"

"I don't know, Larry... it doesn't seem right. We're safe here, I guess... but after those visions..." ~ She shivers in his arms, then tilts her head to gaze at his brilliant green eyes ~ "Do you think we ought to visit Spree and Deiter?" ~ Swallows a gulp ~ "Not that I'm particularly keen to see them... but... they might be able to help solve our mysteries."

Larry watches his wife's uncertainty and sighs inwardly. So it had come to this after all... well, good things did not seem to last long at such times, did they?! ~ "I guess we could go... if you really want to." ~ His voice uncharacteristically quiet and solemn ~ "Are you sure about this?"

In answer, she forces herself to nod her head, smiling weakly back at him ~ "Besides, you know you miss your friends there. Come, let's go."

Without futher ado, they have called up the coach and brought their belongings as well as their beloved companions with them, on the long ride back to the city...

[ 07-19-2002, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: mistral4543 ]
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 11:11 PM   #4
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Deiter stood behind the bar counter cleaning up some spilled ale. Days were starting to turn a little grim... Chani was sick with something and it bothered him that he didn't know what. As he started to pour up some ale the tavern door opened. The lights in the tavern grew brighter as a moon elf walked in. A nutty grin was on the elf's face as he took a seat at the bar.

Deiter walked over towards him. "What can I do for you?" The elfs grin grew bigger. "You could get this old elf some strong ale." As the ranger went to get the ale the old elf started to hum. Deiter turned around startled at the sound. "Know that song do ya sonny?" The half-elf sat the mug down, "Who are you?" The moon elf's green eyes twinkled."Why I'm your past...but you can just call me Jas."

How does he know that song? My mother used to sing that to me... He shoved the thoughts away as he left the bar heading for Chani's room. As he started to open the door he knew something was wrong. The bed was empty and the window was hanging open. "What the?" He walked over towards the window looking out into the city. "What happened?!" Deiter said aloud to himself as he backed away from the window. There was a crunch noise as he backed up. Laying on the floor was Chani's necklace.

He bent down and picked it up. His thumb rubbed the surface of it for a few seconds. With his thoughts in place, he clasped the necklace then barged down stairs. Jas looked over from the bar to Deiter. "Whoa young one. What is it?" The half-elf showed him the necklace. Jas nodded in understandment. "You must wait, your friends are coming. And you can't just leave the tavern. Have that Seph fellow watch it."

"You're right..." Deiter went back upstairs jamming stuff into his backpack. Jas stood there frowning. His grin gone as he got the tavern set up to be looked after. "That boy is too much like his father..."

ooc:
Deiter Leafblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 11:41 PM   #5
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

The visions faded, and the ghosts fled back to their dusty tombs. Chani shook her head, feeling slightly weak and dazed by her close encounter with the supernatural. Something had interrupted the visions though, and she was puzzled as to what it was. She turned around, and saw an old friend watching her. Locke Foresthide. His deep brown eyes were quizzical and concerned. Apparently he hadn't seen the ghosts. "Chani? Are you all right?"
Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 11:47 PM   #6
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

As they hop off the carriage, Chaos bounds forward and leaps - in his rather grown size - at Deiter, licking him in a playful sign of recognition.

Mistral and Larry smile, watching the two reunit.
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2002, 11:55 PM   #7
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Deiter smiles as Chaos starts to lick his face. The wolf finally backs off wagging his tail. He looks over at Larry and Mistral. "It's good to see the two of you. Its been a while" As the words leave his mouth, footsteps come up from behind. Jas stands there with his nutty grin once again. "So when are we leaveing?" Deiter eyes the old moon elf. "We?" Jas laughs then rubs his hands together in delight. "You didn't think I was going to let the three of you go off by yourselves? Trust me...having a old guy in the group helps." The moon elf laughs again as he goes to get horses for the four of them.

[ 07-19-2002, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Deiter Leafblade ]
Old 07-19-2002, 11:59 PM   #8
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sephi went out the bar after them. "Hey!" he shouted. "Can I come too? I'm getting bored out of my mind here!"
Old 07-20-2002, 12:11 AM   #9
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

Deiter turns to look at Seph. "Aye, you can come." The four stand there waiting for Jas. Jas gets to the horse stalls and starts to pick out horses. "Gah! What are you boys feading them? They look like their turing into undead farm animals!" The stable boy started to stuttered. "I..we...it's..." Jas smiles and bends down so he's eye level with the boy. "It's all right youngster..here." The moon elf quickly brings his hand towards the boys ear then back to him. A glowing orb shines from his palm. "Here you are, something to show off to your friends eh?" The boy smiled as he runs off to show the other stable boy. Picking out five horses, he leads them back to the tavern. "Off we go."
Old 07-20-2002, 12:16 AM   #10
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Sephi slung his equipment on the horse's back, then took a seat upon it. He gripped the reigns tightly and sat up straight, waiting for one of the others to go on ahead.