Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 04:29 PM   #11
cocobolomike
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah she was there before ...but had disappeared after killing miss snakey and on returning to the temple in Kuldahar i still got the 'i'm just filling in while rev Poquellin and Priestess Egenia are absent'line from the main character...surely my group would/should mention their meeting/s with the priestess ??I also thought that the captured villagers would have gone back to Kuldahar after i cleared all of Dragon's Eye.
Still, not to worry as i'm now getting scythed by big sharp skeletons in the severed hand..cool !
Thanks for the welcome to the forum,i hope that i can contribute something rather than just soak up all your combined knowledge.
Cheers,cocobolomike
cocobolomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #12
Aerich
Lord Ao

After enough soaking, you can start squeezing out the info.

The Egenia quest was taken out - you can never make Egenia return to Kuldahar and get XP for it. The Egenia tale is continued in IWD 2. The captured villagers will eventually disappear. If you go back (although there really isn't a reason to) after finishing the Severed Hand, they will probably all be gone (but the population of Kuldahar doesn't increase noticeably).

Oh, and as Kyrvias pointed out, we were remiss:
Welcome to the IW Forum [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2005, 02:08 PM   #13
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I think there are downloads where someone put all the incomplete/removed quests from the game, including the Voice of Durdel Anatha. No, I don't have any links for those right now--I am posting while at work. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

If no one has done that, then I know what my next game-related project is going to be....

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:14 PM   #14
Grog
Dungeon Master

Auril's Bane adds the VoDA quest back into the game. Although it didn't seem to be working for at least one person, but I never got a reply back about a non/confirmed fix from him :|
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:29 AM   #15
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Ack! I'm so embarrassed! I forgot that many of the "unfinished" quests were finished in Auril's Bane.

I'm so bad. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:03 AM   #16
Grog
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Ack! I'm so embarrassed! I forgot that many of the "unfinished" quests were finished in Auril's Bane.

I'm so bad. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
That's ok. [img]smile.gif[/img] There are still a couple of things that could be restored still IIRC. Something aobut Orrick being able to enchant the [unenchanted] bettle shield instead of Nym, and something about Mavalon's golems I think.
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:38 AM   #17
cocobolomike
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Deities...still having problems..i've got v1.42 installed(Iwd,HoW and Totl)but am crashing out when trying to enter a cavern to the north and east of Wyrms tooth/ice palace..i've blitzed all the salamanders and freed the slaves etc but haven't turned the heating on. Do i need to do something else or have i got another bug? I had hoped that v1.42 would be it!
Thanks,
Cocobolomike
Old 08-01-2005, 02:24 PM   #18
Aerich
Lord Ao

Hmmm. That doesn't seem right. Where exactly is the error? To the northeast of Wyrm's Tooth is a tiny area with cave tunnels leading to other areas - is that the place, or are you getting the crash leaving the WT map itself?

If the error is in the small area, does it say "An assertion error occurred in 176_"? That has been a problem in the UK version because of a CD duplication error and Black Isle issued a UK-only patch.

I don't know how it will interact with your fully patched version (e.g. if it will mess things up if you put it in after v.1.42), but here's the link to the patch.

I would try just patching it in regularly to your game (don't forget to backup your saved games first). If that doesn't work, try a reinstall and do the following order: IWD>UK patch>HoW>TotL.

Note that the game does not "patch" the area you are in when you save. So if you saved in that little area, you will have to go to a previous save game or (this might work) exit the area back to Wyrm's Tooth and re-enter.

A game note - have you cleared the Frost Giant Caverns yet?

*Spoilers*

There's a ruined rope bridge in the southwest corner of the Wyrm's Tooth map. Soth, one of the slaves in the room under the Aquarium, has an engineering book that you can use to repair the bridge. If he has disappeared already, don't sweat it. Search on the ground in the left-hand side of the room, near the shelves. He leaves the book behind. Take the book to the bridge and voila...

The Frost Giant Caverns, one of my favourite areas!

Good luck with your game issues.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:54 PM   #19
cocobolomike
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Aerich,
I have dealt with the frost giants..the problem is on the small map with 4 exits,west to the ice palace,north-west to the chamber under the ice palace,north-east to the world map locations and East to an unidentified cave..i don't get any error message though..the game saves there,the screen with the ice palace image comes up and the red bar gets about half way across and stops...or the game locks up.
I'll try the UK patch and let you know how i get on ..Thanks for the post...i'm loving the game..as is my son..we're busting to be able to use some of the high level spells and find more artifacts/weapons !!
Cheers,cocobolomike
Old 08-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #20
cocobolomike
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The uk patch worked..thanks again Aerich