Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2003, 12:46 PM   #1
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

I just finished SOA and imported my character ready to eventually play SOA from the start with him again however when I begun the game I rescued Jaheria and noticed something very strange. She had 14 dexterity! Normally she has 17 doesn't she!? So I begun a game from the beginning and recruited her and she had 17 dexterity then I imported my character again and she had 14 dexterity again! Wierd! I had planned jaheria to be my frontline fighter along with my Undead Hunter but that's not going to happen if she has 14 dexterity, is it?

So is this a bug and does anyone know how to correct this? Please help as I really wanted to take Jaheria!
Old 06-29-2003, 12:53 PM   #2
BaRoN NiGhT

i've never experienced that, but you can use shadowkeeper to change her dex as you wanted.

--------------------
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 12:59 PM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

what mods/patches do you have installed?
what did you have installed when you played SoA for the first time?
did you solve the Baron Ployer curse quest back then?
Sometimes .chr files get messed up
had imported PCs that crashed the game altogether.

So the easiest solution would be to shadowkeep jaheira to her correct stats.
If it's really a problem with your .chr file I'd rather try to substitue that
by either saving it again from your final save or by creating a new character from scratch and shadowkeeping him to your stats.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:01 PM   #4
Vedran
Lord Soth

You have imported a character that has finished the game to the beggining? I hope I have misunderstood you...

Jaheira has 17 dex, but her level 12 incarnation has only 14. A bug, I'd guess. Feel free to raise it to 17 with SK, unless somebody has an explanation for that.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 01:08 PM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

if Jaheira's high level incarnation has only 14 DEX that should explain it!

He has finished the game with his PC so he obviously is high level. The game checks for your PC's level when deciding which incarnation of an NPC to spawn as joinable for your party.
So if his PC is e.g. a lvl 17 mage the game would spawn lvl 12 Jaheira with only 14 DEX.
Solution would be to either shadowkeep her or if you want the low level incarnation (to be able to decide more on her character development) you should start a multiplayer game with a low level PC free Jaheira and have her join. Then kick out the PC and substitue him with your saved one. Now do the multiplayer trick and port the game to single player.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:24 PM   #6
Faceman
Hathor

just tried it out myself
the high level issue is indeed the problem
and the multiplayer workaround works just fine
however you will meet high level incarnations of all NPCs after that
unless you go back to multiplayer every time before recruiting and add in a low level PC - then readd your PC and go back to single player.
You could also use CLUAConsole to spawn the lowlevel incarnations and have them join immediately thus hoping their bigger twins won't show up
Old 06-29-2003, 01:37 PM   #7
Vedran
Lord Soth

Perhaps it is made intentionally. You are already very powerful if you import a high-level character, so programmers chose to penalize that. What do you think?
Old 06-29-2003, 01:46 PM   #8
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
Perhaps it is made intentionally. You are already very powerful if you import a high-level character, so programmers chose to penalize that. What do you think?
You're giving BioWare way too much credit. I vote for a bug.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 01:48 PM   #9
Vedran
Lord Soth

Minsc's stats appear the same, so I do too.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:07 PM   #10
Alson
Galvatron

For even more bizzare-ish bugs fun, check out Haer'Dalis' various .CRE files. Take a close look at his resistances tab. Is that a cockroach? Thought so...
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote