Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2000, 01:42 PM   #1
misscutie

I have the Bauble Stick but can not pick up the crystal or key. I have no way to use it! None of my party can carry it. What do I do?
Old 10-28-2000, 01:46 PM   #2
Silversword

Use the bauble stick on the crystal. You will get access to the key later (from the other side).
Old 10-28-2000, 01:53 PM   #3
misscutie

The bauble stick is in my inventory but can't figure out how to get any of my guild to USE it. They can not carry it!
Old 10-28-2000, 01:58 PM   #4
HORRORBYTE

Hmmm

Newbie eeh?

okie here is how you do it, select the character who has the stick "make sure you have it,
then you pickup things, and character doesnt has room to it, he will drop it" then select
use buttun, equal to 6 on your calculator, and scroll down until you find the stick..
Old 10-28-2000, 02:17 PM   #5
misscutie

But if they can not hold anymore, it just won't let them pick up the item!
Old 10-28-2000, 05:47 PM   #6
Regis
Welcomed New User

I suspect she says "use" to mean "equip". You don't need to equip it, merely have it in your inventory. Then select the character that has it, select "Use/Give Item" (the Use option) and page through the list showing in the bottom left until the Bauble Stick is showing. This allows you to use the item in the Main Game Screen by left-clicking. Then just mouse over the Crystal Key and left-click. You cannot reach the Gold Key at this point, so don't bother drowning to try.
Regis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2000, 05:56 PM   #7
HORRORBYTE

HMMM

did you really expect an answer to that?? Geez....okay then evrything to help a newbie
look on your stuff, there is a good chance that you dont have to drop anything, just
rearrnge your inventory so you have 5 vertikal free spaces, if you are all full, you NEED
to drop something to make space....
Old 10-28-2000, 07:42 PM   #8
Laurence
Welcomed New User

Yes, I think an answer to that is quite reasonable.
When I first played this game , you may laugh, but I spent a very long time puzzling how to save a game. I kept double-clicking and pressing on the save game slot, and testing to find it hadn't worked. Didn't occur to me to click the disk icon again for a long time - after all, I had already used that one to say "I want to save a game".

A lot of this interface is OK once you've worked it out, but not at all intuitive to begin with. There are some things where games designers would do well to stick with established standards - and in RPG you usually equip items to use them, as also there are well established Windows standards for saving files.
Laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2000, 10:02 PM   #9
Kate
Welcomed New User

I am well used to RPG games Baldur's Gate, Might and Magic, Daggerfall and many others) but it took me a while to get used to how this one works as well. And yes, it took me ages to fathom out how to "use" items, it isn't obvious. It also took me a while to get the hang of how to "trade" with characters I met, and how to give them items. (And I agree, it isn't even obvious how to save a game, although I worked that one out fairly quickly). I don't think I could have got through the crypt without the walkthrough, there is a lot of stuff that isn't that easy.
Everyone has to start somewhere.
Kate
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2000, 11:44 PM   #10
Genie

I gotta agree with Kate. Took me forever to figure out how to trade with NPC's. And I am not new to rpg's either. Some areas of the interface are just not that intuitive. Therefore, I think you don't need to be quite so condescending, Horrorbyte.
And so what if he/she is a "newbie" (a thoughly unfriendly term), we all had to start somewhere.