Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 11:19 AM   #1
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

A tad spoily

`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
`
Why in the heck does Lysara have so many hitpoints???? At first I thought this was a bug, but I checked DK2 and it has 3 versions of Lysara with 980, 1120, and 820 hp respectively. I seem to recall that the very first time I played (a few years ago) she committed suicide when I hurt her, but that has never again happened. With my solo sorcerer, I used Tenser's Transformation and melee dueled her for 3 minutes (no joke!), constantly hitting her, and yet she didnt' die! I finally was able to take her down with a combination of flame arrows, force missles, Mally's Rages, attacking, and magic missle. With my paladin party (back in the day), I wound up holding her with a chromatic orb and attacking her with my entire party, and she still took a good minute to kill!

What is up with this?

Note: It does make for a good challenge, so even if this is a bug I don't mind. I am patched.

[ 07-10-2005, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Marty4 ]
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

1120 is her total hp. 980 is the hp you have to get her down to to detonate her staff. 820 is her hp in Inner Sanctum. Not sure about any of that, but I think that should be it. offcourse it might have something to do with HoF, but I think for HoF it's strictly a formula based powerup, not a character by itself
Old 07-10-2005, 04:42 PM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
1120 is her total hp. 980 is the hp you have to get her down to to detonate her staff. 820 is her hp in Inner Sanctum. Not sure about any of that, but I think that should be it. offcourse it might have something to do with HoF, but I think for HoF it's strictly a formula based powerup, not a character by itself
HoF mode typically boosts hitpoints in the following manner:

HoF hp = (Normal hp x3) + 80

I doubt that the 1120 is a HoF hp. I think your explanation hit the nail on the head. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: I might have the formula wrong - there appears to be some difference of opinion as to whether the HoF hp multiplier is x3 or x4.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 04:58 PM   #4
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Heh thanks. And it is x3+80, not x4. Something not too friendly when it comes to killing scores of Orogs, Trolls and the other normal fodder. I often just sit back and watch the "action".
Old 07-10-2005, 06:56 PM   #5
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Er, wrong priestess. Lysara is the one who talks in third person and sacrifices the prisoners. Oria is the one who breaks the staff of power.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote