Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2003, 03:12 AM   #61
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Jim used MMMs versus her? It's the only +6 weapon I can think of that is available in SoA.
Are we talking SoA then? Not ToB as well? As Carsomyr +6 was mentioned, I thought Throne of Bhaal was included... [/QUOTE]If you read carefully, Dundee also let out one other bit of information which could be quite... revealing if used in conjunction with that.
One small clue to both single creatures at once - Carsomyr probably CAN hit both, but by the time it can, it can't anymore...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 03:16 AM   #62
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I shall now spill the beans.

SPOILER SPACE IN CASE YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Anath, the Werewolf in the Temple Ruins map, is immune to practically all physical attacks--whack her with Carsomyr+5, Crom Faeyr, whatever you want, and be rewarded with "Weapon Ineffective." But when I CLUA'd in Carsomyr+6, she was kissing dirt 2 or 3 hits later.

And the other creature that Carsomyr cannot hit--drum roll--Firkraag!!! Go slap yourselves now! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2003, 03:18 AM   #63
Link
Jack Burton

That's so friggin' corny! Six! I'm slapping you for that one! [img]graemlins/troutslap.gif[/img] :willowslap:

[ 09-05-2003, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: Link ]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 07:52 AM   #64
Alson
Galvatron

Actually, SixOfSpades, to follow your vein of being a smartass, there are at least 4 more creatures (all of which are of the same type) that will *never* find themselves on the receiving end of the Holy Avenger... and that's assuming you're REALLY fast on the invisibility potion.

Talk about being on the receiving end for once. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 02:35 AM   #65
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I assume you're speaking of the Paladins upon arrival at the Hills? I don't know, I would imagine that it'd be possible to turn Invisible and just stay that way, right up to Firkraag himself. There are no sub-bosses that must be killed before getting to his Lair, so potentially Keldorn could use Carsomyr to whack Ajantis. Isn't life great?

On the other extreme, one could plausibly say, "I'm playing a Solo Mage, and so every figgin' creature in the game can't be hit by Carsomyr! Yeehaw!"

[ADD:] Oh, wait--the four Mephit Portals in Irenicus's Dungeon. Yup, touche. [/ADD]

[ 09-06-2003, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 09-06-2003, 05:52 AM   #66
Link
Jack Burton

Alson, you don't mean Samia's party and Tazok and Chief Digdag do you?

EDIT: No, okay I get it. You can get past them using the Invisibility Potions. But then the Fire Elemental you can only see through King Strohm's Mask is also another one, right?

[ 09-06-2003, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Link ]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:04 PM   #67
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

This could go on for a long time. The Escaped Clone in Jon Bon's dungeon can't be hit with Carsomyr, Illyich can't be hit with Carsomyr, Frendan (is that the doppleganger in the middle room, second floor?) can't be hit by Carsomyr, etc.

Strange list [img]smile.gif[/img]

Btw, wasn't the Lesser Demon Lord also immune to +5 weapons?
Old 09-08-2003, 08:18 PM   #68
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The Lesser Demon Lord is "only" immuned to weapons of +4 enchantment and lower.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 02:05 PM   #69
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yeah, but the four Mephit Portals are the only creatures in Jon's Dungeon that you absolutely HAVE to kill.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:31 PM   #70
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Well, you don't have to kill the werewolf, but you noted her [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-09-2003, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Pyrenk ]