Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2003, 06:58 AM   #1
daan
Silver Dragon

Preferably without resting btw ..

And yes, I know I'm being terribly original .. now start helping

I'm oke with the Greater Otyugh and the two lesser clay golems and all, its all down to Illyich and crew.

I have 2 haste potions ( and one hast spell, but that's actually kind of a waste, since the duration isnt very long at this lvl ).
Also 2 Mirror Images ( again a waste, since the moment I'm getting hit is the moment im doing something wrong ) and some magic missiles.

Not that those are very important,.. I'll have to rely on backstabbing.

The demon and the Golem are both residing in their respective little locked-off chambers.

I managed to kill the Crosbow-wizardslayer. He got seperated from the group and I managed to stun him with one of the wands ( no charges left now ).

I have the rest of the group except Illyich: cleric and Monk, in the library and Illyich himself in the circular room. Illyich is locked off also.

Problem is:
I can manage to kill the monk, but that takes the remaining duration of my haste-potion. The cleric is actually quite difficult to kill after that.
I do have 1 haste potion left, but I have to save that for Illyich.

Now, I could just leave it be and go straight for Illyich, fine by me...
which brings me to the second problem:
Illyich is a Barbarian, thus my backstabs have no effect. I cant use the library to hide relatively fast, so I have to run around alot. I deal about 7 dmg per backstab. Considering he has -IIRC- 3 healing potions and quit some HP, how am I going to do this with about 1.5 haste-potion ?

Is it time to go find thieves and try to harvest another hold-wand or something ?
I managed to lure one thief out with a Monster-summoning I scroll, but taking on thieves 1 on 1 is pretty hard. Even when attacking they dont go visible, only when they hit me

I couldnt find rataxes (or Alson's for that matter ) thread about dealing with Illyich anymore,.. so anyone have some advice / link to one of those threads ?

Thx ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Now that you're on anyway Xen .. not sure if you read the thread again, but thx for the welcome [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll be visiting a little more sporadic from now on

[ 07-08-2003, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: daan ]
Old 07-08-2003, 07:37 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

The problem with Alson`s/Rataxes`s thread is that it isn`t very obvious. I am searching it for an hour and a half.

I tryed everything...from Alson to Rataxes,to F/M/T...argh!

Alson?
Rataxes?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 07:46 AM   #3
Alson
Galvatron

Instead of bothering you with my Ilyich-tackling tactics (which are quite different from Rataxes'), I'll link you to the original thread. If Rataxes' tactic isn't working out for you - let me know. [img]smile.gif[/img]

True Sight duration false (Alson, Spell Reference) [aka: Imp. Ilyich Walkthrough]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 07:54 AM   #4
daan
Silver Dragon

LoL, I feel your pain Xen. I've tried it by member number, thief, backstab, improved, Illyich [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

And thx Alson [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2003, 08:17 AM   #5
Alson
Galvatron

Anytime. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 05:23 PM   #6
Raistlin Majere
Ra

with Ilyich you just have to do the only possible thing, which is: RUN. i ran around for a about 10 minutes firing my composite long bow when ever i got the chance. i also used traps quite a bit...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote