Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2003, 06:20 PM   #1
cerandil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After I finish my current game, I want to start a game with tactics mod. From what I've read, a lot of people play it on insane. That just seems to me, well, to put it mildly... insane Is it recommended to play it on insane? Does anyone actually play it on normal or is it designed to be played on the highest possible difficulty?
cerandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:27 PM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

You can play it on any difficulty level. It is hard enough even on normal.

But people who are skilled enough to play it are usually skilled enough to play on insane, too.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:55 PM   #3
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

For the first time round, I strongly suggest playing normal, maybe even easy. Unless you feel that in every battle you've been in the last time you've played BGII you were in ABSOLUTE control, meaning: nothing happened that you didn't forsaw, countered or controlled.

Not only does the tactics mod enhance certain battles in BGII, additional components provide for allround tougher mages, undead creatures, golems etc. The tactics mod actually upgrades almost the entire aspect of combat in BGII. Don't be surprised to find yourself killed very easily very often. And another thing: you maybe want to consider not installing the improved Illiych mod: the creator self said that it was actually intended as a joke and therefore of extreme difficulty. But, Alson & Co. have succesfully solo'ed the game on insane with all tactics components installed without having to reload even once, so its damn well possible. Just not for everyone.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:29 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

INSANE!!!-The only way to fly [img]smile.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 04:45 PM   #5
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I personally play Tactics on core difficulty, and even then I don't install all of the components (I once had a very bad experience with Improved Irenicus in a solo game).

I'd suggest starting on core, its not exceptionally hard then.
Old 07-03-2003, 05:00 PM   #6
Raistlin Majere
Ra

I would suggest insane, if youve played bg2 for while that is. i actually played my first insane game with tactics(a solo f/m/t. man was illyich and co. hard!), and its not too hard after a while. you kind of get used to the double damage, thus you will prepare more carefully almost automatically. thats just my opinion though...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 04:36 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Insane.

We did install it for the challenge after all.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 05:32 AM   #8
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Welcome back Dundee!!! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 11:16 AM   #9
Alson
Galvatron

Insane. For no particular reason - I just moved to Insane eons before Tactics (or, to be precise, the Solaufein mod) was published, and never felt like lowering it since then.

Good to see you again, mate. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote