Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2003, 02:23 PM   #11
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
quote:
Originally posted by Vedran:
Perhaps it is made intentionally. You are already very powerful if you import a high-level character, so programmers chose to penalize that. What do you think?
You're giving BioWare way too much credit. I vote for a bug. [/QUOTE]I choose to think that if you pick up Jaheira later in the game (with a high lvl char) she has already experienced her Baron Ployer episode (can anybody confirm that?) and not gotten away without harm OR she may just have hurt one of her hands really badly in a fight during her advancing in XP.
Thus lvl12 Jaheira has lower DEX than right-at-the-start Jaheira.
It would then however be a bug to have her hurt like this at the very beginning when you start of with an lvl15+ PC but I can forgive that as the game was not intended to be played this way anyway.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:04 PM   #12
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm, thanks for all your help guys. I really liked my Undead Hunter character so I wanted to play him again, he is very high level about 24( I did watchers keep in SOA). Maybe the game would be too easy anyway at those levels but I heard that you face tougher enemies if your high level... *sigh* Oh well I'll just start a new game with a new character plenty of classes I haven't played yet, I think I'll try a cleric or mage or perhaps not take Jaheria and play my undead hunter again. Once again thanks for your help everyone!

[ 06-29-2003, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Zarr ]
Old 06-29-2003, 07:56 PM   #13
D*Ranged

Now what then? Viconia's Stat nerfed to 15 Wis like in BG1? Edwin's Wis and Str reduced back to 9? Unfair, I'd say.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:03 PM   #14
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by D*Ranged:
Now what then? Viconia's Stat nerfed to 15 Wis like in BG1? Edwin's Wis and Str reduced back to 9? Unfair, I'd say.
It would only be fair, unless Viconia and Edwin spent a lot of time studying at some temple of Oghma (and Edwin got a membership at Bally's).
Old 06-30-2003, 01:56 AM   #15
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
For even more bizzare-ish bugs fun, check out Haer'Dalis' various .CRE files. Take a close look at his resistances tab. Is that a cockroach? Thought so...
In addition, his highest-level *.CRE file suddenly sprouts a second star in Long Sword, but his Pick Pockets score drops to 0. Ooooops!

Incidentally, I altered the CREs on my computer so that his Pick Pockets stays normal, he never gets that ** in Long Sword, and his Tiefling resistances are there in ALL of his incarnations. Fair / Unfair? What say thee?
Old 06-30-2003, 02:06 AM   #16
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

If it really bothers you so much, you could just do
CreateItem("Book05",3) and use it to get back the 3 Dexterity points...although it is cheating.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 06:49 AM   #17
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Incidentally, I altered the CREs on my computer so that his Pick Pockets stays normal, he never gets that ** in Long Sword, and his Tiefling resistances are there in ALL of his incarnations. Fair / Unfair? What say thee?
100% Kosher, if you ask me. It's not more dubious than, say, changing Globals in times the game fails to do so (cf., Jaheira's romance) - which is of course perfectly legit. By the way, I think Haer'Dails also has ** in Short Swords - I always considered it to be one of those "NPCs only" things. I assume you left these profs intact? And by saying "Pick Pockets stays normal", presumably you meant "normal as per a Blade", right?

Anyway, fair.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 06:54 AM   #18
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Well, wait a sec, let me get the Jaheira thing right. When she reaches level 12, her dexterity drops? Just let me know if I got this right...

Does it raise back again after she levels up again? Cos my Jaheira is lvl 13 in both her things, but I never noticed a change. Anyways, I have no time to check now, I was just wondering whether the change in Dex. was permanent.

EDIT: Well, I just checked with SK and her dexterity is still 17...wierd...so I guess it does change back?

[ 06-30-2003, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 07:35 AM   #19
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by slicer15:
Well, wait a sec, let me get the Jaheira thing right. When she reaches level 12, her dexterity drops? Just let me know if I got this right...
Not quite.

You see, when you recruit an NPC into the party, the game tries adjust the NPC's level to about the same level of your party, give or take a few. To do so, there are several creature files for each NPC, each of them is of a different level - there's a level 7 Minsc, a level 10 Minsc, a level 13 Minsc, etc... (I don't know if those are the exact levels for Minsc, but hey, I'm making a point, here! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). The problem is that one of Jaheira's creature files has lower DEX score than the others. Kapish? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-30-2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Alson ]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:24 PM   #20
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Aha, I see. Forgive me for my ignorance. [img]smile.gif[/img]
slicer15 is offline   Reply With Quote