Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-30-2001, 04:09 AM   #21
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The first character i was, was a fighter-thief elf.
It did me well.
Old 11-30-2001, 10:22 AM   #22
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm currently using a fighter-illusionist gnome

This has the following benefits: intelligence 19
extra spell for iluusionist
multiclass fighterOn the down side he has, no necromantic spells .

But I like him so far! I think a mage is more fun to role play, they are so haughty and distinctly upper class!
Old 11-30-2001, 11:22 AM   #23
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I will go along with Tabitha. I've always liked fighter classes. The Barbarian and Ranger were my favorites in the PnP days.

It's true that mages become more powerful and fighters become weaker as the game progresses, but I found a great solution to that - the Wizard Slayer fighter kit! I imported my character from BGI. He started out with 18 in both Str and Dex. I used the Tomes in BGI to bump both of these to 19!

The Wizard Slayer is limited in the types of magic items he can use (only weapons, armor, and healing potions - no rings, girdles, etc.), but he does get Magic Resistance that increases with each level. I also found some nice items on Arundor's Abode that compliment his fighting style.

He is now 15th level and can stand toe-to-toe with most mages he's met. He has a sword that causes Miscast Magic and guantlets that turn any spells below 7th level. It is SO gratifying to see a "supposedly" high powered mage disentegrate into "little foe shaped chunks of meat" (as Minsc would say). It would be even cooler if the magical energy they contained created some spectacular light show when I blast them apart...but I guess you can't have everything.

Barbarian Magic Missile Throw a wizard at the nearest monster. Either way, something good is bound to happen!

Always remember, though, that the mage is the most valuable member of your party....so HE is the one you should trade to the Demon Lord in exchange for your freedom!!!
Old 12-02-2001, 04:42 AM   #24
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Paladins all the way!!
They can heal, they can summon skeletons and they can use all the weapons that fighters can.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 05:04 AM   #25
huma
The Magister

I,ve always been a fighter dual wielding long swords,daystar in one hand and whatever else the situation demands in the other. Or my cavalier dealing out justice with the holy avenger.I love magic users, They just cramp my style. I do plan to try out a sorceror in the near future.
Old 12-02-2001, 09:43 AM   #26
Sorcerer Alex

I like thieves and mages. So a dual classed mage/thief is definitely my favourite kind of character.
Old 12-02-2001, 10:20 AM   #27
Gary Smith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What no-one said a bard!!! A skald to be particular. In PnP there a lifesaver in any battles just start singing and all your fighters mince through everyone. Also we bent the rules to allow me to be an elven bard so woohoo. Also in BG2 the bard quest has got to be the best on there is. And also no need for identify scrolls when you have a skald in your party. My Level 31 Skald with 330 lore haha.
Me: What!! you cant kill me!<br />GM: I can do anythink i want.<br />Me: What did i do!!<br />GM: Your not being a party player<br />Me: Im Neutral Evil for Gods Sake!<br />GM: So your calling upon the gods of ravenloft to save you then.<br />Me: what....<br />[GM rolls the D20]<br />GM: Well thats a 15, added on 5 for all those graves youve robbed in the past adventure, thats a 20. Powers check please.<br />Me: Oh Cr*p.<br />[Me rolls D20]<br />Me: I got a 5<br />GM: Your still alive.<br />Me: Woohoo!!<br />GM: But your now half goat.<br />Me: Oh... WOOHOO!!
Gary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 01:21 PM   #28
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Smith:
What no-one said a bard!!! A skald to be particular. In PnP there a lifesaver in any battles just start singing and all your fighters mince through everyone. Also we bent the rules to allow me to be an elven bard so woohoo. Also in BG2 the bard quest has got to be the best on there is. And also no need for identify scrolls when you have a skald in your party. My Level 31 Skald with 330 lore haha.

I do like Blades... read my sig! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 03:08 PM   #29
Robert Mcelroy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have gone through the game 3 times,once as fighter thief,once as a mage,and once(my first time)as adwarf fighter beserker.
I've got to be honest ,the best character I played was the dwarf fighter.Nothing beats getting all tanked up and walking into aroom full of enemies wilst dual wielding axes and making mincemeat outa them.GRRRR.

Mages are for sissy's.

(just jokin')
Old 12-02-2001, 03:27 PM   #30
Helios
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I usually play as a monk. The only bad thing is that they are only good at high levels.
Mulder: All right, Homer. We want you to re-create your every move the night you saw this alien.<br />Homer: Well, the evening began at the gentleman\'s club, where we were discussing Wittgenstein over a game of backgammon.<br />Scully: Mr. Simpson, it\'s a felony to lie to the F.B.I.<br />Homer: We were sitting in Barney\'s car eating packets of mustard. You happy?
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote