Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 05:24 PM   #21
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Memnoch my friend, I remeber those few days of verbal warfare with very warm regard. I can't express the bond of friendship and comraderie that I developed with you and Armie during that time. The bond to all of you and this board grew stronger as more and more of our board members joined us against those two. We all stood together, something unheard of on most boards. I always knew that we had a great group of people on our board, but that experience was what assured me that we had the best group of people on any board anywhere. It also proved to me that we had the best moderator of any board around, Ziroc's handling of "He who shall forever remain nameless, and his lackey", and his providing all pertinent imfo so that any of us who chose to could actually file complaints against nameless with his ISP and the college where he was abusing his privaledges was astounding. Never have I seen a moderator who really cared so much about his board or the people who called a second home.
Thank you Memnoch for your generous compliment but I do not deserve such high praise my freind. My words were true, he could not insult me or make me angry, or cause me to flame him in return, because I am certain that I was once a far worse and more troubled person than he will ever be. I only wanted to be kind to him and treat him with respect, hoping that he would never really know the depths of anquish and despair that one such as I has experienced.
I envied you and Armie, because you were able to stand in righteous indignation.
Old 03-07-2001, 08:39 AM   #22
Moiraine
Anubis

Where, where is sweet Melusine ? ...

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 08:49 AM   #23
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I was a newbie when "He shall remain nameless" was flaming. But Armisael, Memnoch, and Relic really laid into him. He's probably still trying to figure out what hit him. As I recall Armisael offered to show up at his house to teach him manners. Even had the address
Old 03-07-2001, 09:07 AM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
I was a newbie when "He shall remain nameless" was flaming. But Armisael, Memnoch, and Relic really laid into him. He's probably still trying to figure out what hit him. As I recall Armisael offered to show up at his house to teach him manners. Even had the address
Yeah, funny how we ended up getting that, eh?

Don't ever get on our bad side! ( j/k!)

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-07-2001, 09:09 AM   #25
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:

She had to go through some sort of a blood test, hope she's ok. Does anyone know when she might be coming back?

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-07-2001, 09:10 AM   #26
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Relic, you deserve every little bit of praise. I think that your post to Nameless Flamer was the first post EVER on this board where someone shared a little bit of themselves with others, thus creating a bond. In a way, Relic you are the FATHER of this board as you had an influence in making it what it is today!

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-07-2001, 09:13 AM   #27
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:

I was thinking that this morning, too. I miss my sweet ambrosia . . .

BK
Old 03-07-2001, 09:15 AM   #28
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Not to mention that . . . um . . . ARTISTIC sig of hers (sigh)

BK
Old 03-07-2001, 09:17 AM   #29
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yep that was funny Memnoch. Hopefully he learned a lesson and some manners
Old 03-07-2001, 09:38 AM   #30
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Mem, I am utterly at a loss for words. I always viewed myself as one of the lesser members of the board, and I never considered myself as having any genuinely valuable impact on it. Your statement made my eyes water, and is very difficult for me to grasp. Thank you Mem....

Yes, I am thinking of Melusaine as well, even though she said she would be away for awhile, I keep hoping to see a post from her every time I log on.