Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2002, 10:12 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I remember last year MSN was the THING, we all used it, and it still is where most of my contacts are at. Yahoo was a bit lame last year, it did not have anything showing that the person you were chatting with was typing, which was annoying. Now they have not only added that feature, but is the only messenger service (I think) that has backgrounds, some are interactive, some move when others are typing, it is pretty cool. And now I noticed tonight that it has some moving smileys now LOL.

Even though most of us mainly use MSN, I think Yahoo has in many ways surpassed MSN with better "gadgets." Only thing Yahoo needs to work on now is their voice chat, as it is a bit choppy, but still, again, the only messenger service that allows more than two people to chat in voice all together, including in multigames.

Anyway, dunno, just wondered how many others have noticed how improved Yahoo Messenger has progressed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-16-2002, 10:17 PM   #2
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

I don't use either one, being stuck in the 90's with ICQ. (still grumbling about having my 6-digit ICQ account summarily terminated for no reason)

Has anyone else here heard of Trillian? Greatest idea yet.
Old 11-16-2002, 10:26 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I didnt like the old yahoo, still have msn though which I like better than aim. I may have to give new yahoo a shot but still...msn works pretty good for me
Old 11-16-2002, 10:29 PM   #4
Charlie
Lord Ao

I think carrots are long orange potatoes. No relevance to Yahoo which I think is a long orange version of MSN. Don't make sense does it. Now if we move into sprouts and brocolli...now we begin to see the analogies between MSN and yahoo, one of which being nothing like a carrot and the other being nothing like brocolli.

Lucky you understand me W cos there's a lot of bod's scratching their heads atm thinking what's this guy on. Brocolli and carrot juice, it's all gravy, get it down yer.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 11-16-2002, 10:29 PM   #5
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

MSN all the way! [img]tongue.gif[/img] and ICQ is cool too because it interacts with AIM...

everyone should just get MSN though life would be ten thousand times easier...
Old 11-16-2002, 10:33 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

If you ate a carrot, but had no stomach for it to go, did it really get eaten or is it now non-corporeal?
Old 11-16-2002, 10:34 PM   #7
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
I think carrots are long orange potatoes. No relevance to Yahoo which I think is a long orange version of MSN. Don't make sense does it. Now if we move into sprouts and brocolli...now we begin to see the analogies between MSN and yahoo, one of which being nothing like a carrot and the other being nothing like brocolli.

Lucky you understand me W cos there's a lot of bod's scratching their heads atm thinking what's this guy on. Brocolli and carrot juice, it's all gravy, get it down yer.
ROTFL, so cool to see you posting here again after all this time Charlie! Err, oh crap LOL, ummm,... brocolli, sprouts, carrots, I dunno I think I'm scratching my head as well LOL. Dang now you've made me hungry. I'd love to have a carrot spear right now. But no carrots in the house, damn you!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-16-2002, 10:36 PM   #8
Charlie
Lord Ao

That's a 24 carat question.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 11-16-2002, 10:37 PM   #9
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
If you ate a carrot, but had no stomach for it to go, did it really get eaten or is it now non-corporeal?
No, it goes reverse. Eaten but no stomach = torrac. Be very afraid of torrac.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-16-2002, 10:40 PM   #10
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

Can't compare MSN with Yahoo, because I haven't used MSN, but I have used Yahoo lately. Only have Yahoo because more of my family has that and my sister made me download it again so she can check her messages. Never had any problem with the voice chat unless there is a lot of background noise.
BTW, my Yahoo name is same as here.