Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2002, 07:41 AM   #21
Lord Shield

nice post. But it's not just IW as I say. I see it in plenty of places. An example would be the "FBI catches 7000 paedophiles" thread on Panda or some of the threads on CRC too

It's a shame, but I don't let it bother me too much. Right or wrong, they have a right to "hate"

Old 08-06-2002, 07:49 AM   #22
Melusine
Dracolisk

The point I made *was* about IW, the other forums had nothing to do with what I said. You are comparing apples and oranges. IW is a family forum, and predominantly a gaming forum. Pandemonium is aimed at a different audience and has different rules. If it was IW, I would have smacked people over the head a thousand times over for the ill-informed, arrogant nonsense they've been spouting. However, we have different rules and firmly believe in allowing debates to go unhampered by censoring.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:11 AM   #23
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Use landmines to prevent theft!! If all of your car thingies are wired to explode then as soon as someone steals them they will be in for a nasty suprise. It solves the "what to do with a scummo thief" problem and you are sure to get the right guy. If he can explain why he has my car sterio in his hand , I can explain why his other arm is in my neighbors front yard.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:28 AM   #24
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

You guys, don't let it bother you so much. They are just venting. Persoally, having seen the scene in The English Patientwhere the woman cuts off the guys thumbs, I would never advocate mutilation as punishment, as is common in some Near and Middle Eastern states. But, they are just angry. It really doesn't hurt anything.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:53 AM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
Use landmines to prevent theft!! If all of your car thingies are wired to explode then as soon as someone steals them they will be in for a nasty suprise. It solves the "what to do with a scummo thief" problem and you are sure to get the right guy. If he can explain why he has my car sterio in his hand , I can explain why his other arm is in my neighbors front yard.
Yeah, but wouldn't you lose your car in the process ?
Old 08-06-2002, 10:31 AM   #26
Epona
Zartan

The point behind my post was this:

$7, CDs and a damaged window are not the end of the world. No-one has been hurt. Insurance will probably cover it.
Why, for such a small amount of material posessions, do people get worked up enough to want to chop off people's hands, wire things up to land-mines, and generally want to mutilate and/or kill people over a few posessions that can be easily fixed or replaced? They are only objects.

EDIT: to correct spelling!

[ 08-06-2002, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Epona ]
Old 08-06-2002, 10:34 AM   #27
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I feel sorry for your sis, someguy. ppl shouldnt be allowed to get away with stuff like that. Hunt em down, and erm, I dunno, make em work as slaves to repay for the items they've stolen or something?
Old 08-06-2002, 10:36 AM   #28
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
The point behind my post was this:

$7, CDs and a damaged window are not the end of the world. No-one has been hurt. Insurance will probably cover it.
Why, for such a small amount of material posessions, do people get worked up enough to want to chop off people's hands, wire things up to land-mines, and generally want to mutilate and/or kill people over a few posessions that can be easily fixed or replaced? They are only objects.

EDIT: to correct spelling!
human nature? if someone you know has been "hurt" or robbed, or a friend of a friends, then its human nature to want to take revenge. I guess that ppl can get outa hand pretty quickly. I agree with you but... I dont think that they should be allowed to get away with it. but chopping off their hands is a extreme, as is wiring up stuff to land mines.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:55 AM   #29
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
One of the things I like about some of the Arab states:
OFF WITH THEIR HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!
The amount of hate I see here at IW sickens me sometimes.

Someguy, I'm sorry to hear that happened to your sister.
My flat was burgled once (not the one I'm in now, but a previous one). They took my VCR and a camcorder. The burglary itself wasn't too bad, I felt more violated by the Met Police SOC unit who made a huge mess all over my flat, and the Spanish Inquisition I got from the insurance company who didn't want to pay up.
[/QUOTE]Can I just smack them around a little?

You know, a couple of cuffs upside the head? Maybe a good boot in the rump?
Old 08-06-2002, 01:08 PM   #30
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
Yeah, but wouldn't you lose your car in the process ? [/QUOTE]It did with James Bond's car. And he needed it for a getaway if I recall LOL!!

personally, I saw no "hate" intended in Hierophant's post. It looked like a parody of "Cut off your Heads" (Queen of Hearts) conveyed to show Someguy that he shared Someguy's concern over the sister's loss