Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2002, 11:41 PM   #1
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Happily hacking & spellcasting my way through BG2, and my Assassin finally reaches Level 21, whereupon I Dual him to Fighter to hone what will eventually be a truly merciless Backstab. Then I notice that he seems to be walking a bit slower than the other members of my party. That's odd. The weight of his armor? I toss his Full Plate+2 to someone else and he's still walking slowly. Maybe it's the burden of being Lord of the D'Arnise Keep that's weighing heavily on his mind.....

It's not a big difference in speed like Encumbered: Slowed, but it's just enough to be noticable. Whenever I move the party, he's always the last one to get there, which kinda sucks because he's a Tank now, so I want him to be in front. Out of curiosity, I open up Shadowkeeper, but his walking speed is normal, the same as everyone else's.

Anybody seen this before? I personally don't feel he should be walking slower now; he's got 19 Strength, so he's definitely not struggling under the weight of his new Fighter gear. I'll just hack his speed back to where it should be if there's no real reason for it.
Old 01-22-2002, 11:53 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I once had this happen to everyone in my party except for Minsc and my Cavalier - Minsc had boots of speed and IIRC I had a ring of free action if that means anything. We were going through the Asylum and after a bit I just got used to most of my party travelling slower than my tanks, bizarre.
Old 01-23-2002, 05:28 AM   #3
Kezardin
Elminster

SixOfSpades,

there's a patch on Baldurdash that mentions an undocumented movement rate penalty of -2 being associated with the full plate +2. Sounds like a double bug if it still has an effect after removing the armour.

Perhaps installing the patch and reequipping the armour will fix the problem.

Kez

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: Kezardin ]

Kezardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 02:29 PM   #4
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Kezardin:
SixOfSpades,

there's a patch on Baldurdash that mentions an undocumented movement rate penalty of -2 being associated with the full plate +2. Sounds like a double bug if it still has an effect after removing the armour.

the full plate +2 that you receive from limited wish gave a -2 movement penalty. if the effect is permanent (possible but i havent checked) removing it wouldn't help and neither would patching. patch anyway but go to the affects tab in SK and see if the fault is listed there then just remove it.
Old 01-24-2002, 08:54 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yep, turns out you were right, it was the Full Plate+2 created by the Limited Wish. He's walking fine now without it on, even though he wasn't before. Oh well, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it--I can always slap the Plate of Balduran on him if I want him to have cool black armor again. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys, but I was stuck in the Planar Sphere & my guys didn't have any room to get out & run. Thanks for your input!