Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2001, 06:21 AM   #11
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Ohmmmm... ...

Cheesy tactic ahead, please ignore the following unless you don't mind.
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Get two party members to drink potions of invisibilty and get them to block the doorway...

Remember to turn off party AI!

... three if necessary. Get a ranged party member to attack the Vampires through the doorway, make sure the rest of your party are elsewhere out of sight. The Vampires will attempt to attack your ranged party member but will be blocked by the invisible wall. They may dominate your ranged party member but it's okay, because they can't break through, and when dominated, your ranged party member can't see the wall either. Simply wait for the domination to wear off and continue to pelt the Vampires.

Heehee, I successfully killed them all using this technique when my average party level was only 9-10.

Note: Potions of Invisibilty grants you 12 hours of invisiblity unless you make an agressive move, which is why I recommend turning off the party AI.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.
Old 07-17-2001, 08:11 AM   #12
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

cheesier is to cast invisibilty and turn undead, watch all the vamps 1] explode 2] dominated and fight each other 3] at worse run stupidly all over the place....
Old 07-17-2001, 10:09 AM   #13
dimon37
Zhentarim Guard

Try buffing up Minsc with all possible spells (don't forget improved invisibility for extra 4 AC) - haste (better if improved), bless, chant, defensive harmony, heroism (better power), giant strength, protection from negative plane, maybe even have him cast Draw Upon Holy Might when he get that spell. And then just send him into the room wielding mace of disruption (or better yet improved mace of disruption). Also, he should be able to wear amulet of power (if not - get the patch from Baldurdash). Sit back and enjoy the vampire chuncks fly . Minsc IS the best vampire killed because of his +4 bonus against them.
Old 07-20-2001, 02:42 PM   #14
Tuor
Elminster

Right just restarted my saved game I now have a load of reincarnated party members and dead vampires woowho. My paladin has just kicked the arse off about seven of them simultaneously reincarnated the ranger first (felt a bit guilty about slaughtering him in the first place I guess) and the pair of them have gone round and battered the remaining pointy fanged gits.

Just having a few probs resurrecting my level drained characters. Is it the same as in pnp where if you die of level drain you can't be resurrected ?

Thanks for all your suggestions by the way. Incidently this may have been unclear from the original post but I HAVE repeatedly finished this part of the game and my tactics usually work (honest) I just thought my misfortune might amuse you as much as it did me (after I'd finished pulling out all my hair of course).

In answer to some of your posts
1) I don't use cheesy tactics but thanks anyway
2) I don't use pro vs undead because it seems unfair somehow (but I do use pro vs magic against high level magic users-Kangaxx and Shangalar)
3) I did not have the daystar or azuredge or I would have used them

The first time I did this bit it was virtually the last part of the game I finished so I just walked in my cleric with a +2 mace of disruption turning undead. It wasn't pretty. I just like using different tactics when I repeat my battles.

Old 07-22-2001, 10:08 PM   #15
Kitty
Manshoon

Use your cleric's Turn Undead ability.
I did this with Anomen. I just cast invisibility on him and bye bye vamps. How funny is to watch them explode...hehehehehe
Old 07-22-2001, 10:48 PM   #16
Tananda
Elminster

I do not think that TurnUndead&Invisibility is cheasy tactics - it is clever, I have not even think about such a way to defeat vamps or whoever...
Like it when people come with tactical ways that let even weak characters defeat strong enemies. Hat off to all the cunning ways! I myself isn't creative enough for such things...

The way I dealt with those nasty vamps was not cunning or clever. Whole party except Undead Hunter (PC) was hidden in the next room, Undead Hunter (with ChaoticCommands cast upon him) went alone to the vamps and killed every and each of them. Potion of extraHealing were of great help though...

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Old 07-22-2001, 11:24 PM   #17
Starkiller
The Magister

Where do you get Azureedge?
Old 07-23-2001, 04:44 AM   #18
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

or if your looking for a quick fix you can just send someone into the middle of them and use Daystar to cast sunray. it cant be disrupted, and it will instantly kill any undead (unless the rolls suck)

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?