Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2001, 06:47 PM   #1
white heron
Manshoon

Well, firstly i've decided that the most dangerous characters in the game are the shadow thieves who surround Aran Linvail.If anyone has ever failed to pickpocket him you would understand that they can kill you instantly,no matter how tough you are,-it just seems odd that they are so dangerous.
Next, -I cast simulacrum(from my custom sword),and then cast it again from the 'double',and i end up with someone who looks like Biff the understudy who only knows two spells!? whats the deal there?

------------------
"You,...You wouldn't hurt a Gnome would you?"
Old 04-08-2001, 06:50 PM   #2
Hesperex

In responce to your first question.
The shadow thieves are not particularly dangerous it is just the assassin Arkanis Gath who jumps from the shadows if your make any premature move against them. He has a rather unfair sword that deals thousands of damage and makes him a combat god.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 04-08-2001, 06:51 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by white heron:
Well, firstly i've decided that the most dangerous characters in the game are the shadow thieves who surround Aran Linvail.If anyone has ever failed to pickpocket him you would understand that they can kill you instantly,no matter how tough you are,-it just seems odd that they are so dangerous.
Next, -I cast simulacrum(from my custom sword),and then cast it again from the 'double',and i end up with someone who looks like Biff the understudy who only knows two spells!? whats the deal there?

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Is it those shadow thieves guard or it is Arkanis Gath? I think the immortal version of Arkanis Gath will spawn as soon as anyone in the guild turns hostile, provided you are not working for Bodhi.
Interesting note on the simclacrum.....never try anything like that before.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 07:15 PM   #4
white heron
Manshoon

Well well well ! Arkanis Gath eh? I'll have to keep a third eye out for him in future.
It seems he can spawn anywhere in the Guild building then. Theres a thief in the guild who tries to tempt you into overthrowing Aran,and then another(loyal)thief appears and suggests i help him kill the traitor,so i did ,and the guy turns on me!.....leaving me no choice but to kill him.Then ,i guess this Arkanis shows up and murders us all!

------------------
"You,...You wouldn't hurt a Gnome would you?"
Old 04-08-2001, 07:16 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

All I did was stand there and watch.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-08-2001, 07:17 PM   #6
Hesperex

Me 2 hehe

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 04-08-2001, 08:45 PM   #7
BG2SOA

How do the Shadow thieves have problems with another guild when they have Arkanis hehe.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-08-2001, 08:51 PM   #8
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Tried CTRL +Y to blast him out of existance and this is a bit of it:

Wah: Paused Game

Arkanis Gath: Damage Taken 2298
Arkanis Gath: Damage Taken 1548
Arkanis Gath: Damage Taken 1548
Arkanis Gath: Damage Taken 2544
Arkanis Gath: Damage Taken 1684
Arkanis Gath: Damage Taken 2548
Arkanis Gath: Damage Taken 2548
Arkanis Gath: Damage Taken 2314
Arkanis Gath: Damage Taken 2564

...............after 1 Minute of rapid blasting.

= Arkanis Gath: Uninjured? (DEFINITELY SOMETHING OF A BHAAL-SPAWN!!!)

------------------

Greetings mortals, my name is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 04-08-2001, 09:39 PM   #9
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hve u tried healin' him like that other thing in that other place?

------------------
Of all the things I've lost i miss my mind the most...