Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-18-2000, 02:24 PM   #1
DeathTouch

I am going to start a singleplayer multiplayer game, and I am not sure how many and what kind of players to make? I hear monks are good, but are they better than paladins or fighters. I was thinking of a six member party until I heard its better not to have 6 people because you are limited to less quests. This is my party so far, what do you think?
Cavalier
Sorceror
Archer
Thief/cleric
Illusoinist
Fighter (half-orc) OR Monk

Any suggestions?

Old 10-18-2000, 03:15 PM   #2
Rabit Slayer

Hmmmm. Tricky Question.

When you first start your journey down the path of holy monkydom your character can be a bit weedy as your forbidden from using alot of. As you progress in levels however you become a force to be reckoned with and can get some very cool abilities. Once (if ever) you get your monk to the dizzying heights of the 21st level your pretty insanly hard to kill seeing as how you should be immune to normal weapons ( this is something i've read somewhere - maybe even the manual but i've never been the sort to study my choices before I start a new game.)

The fighter offsets these skills with the ability to carry a huge arsenal of weapons and armour and gain in weapon skill to a stunning level of competence, thus you should be able to knock that s*** out of anything this side of mortality.

Personally id go with a monk due to the sheer mundane choice of different tactics offered by a fighter (get up close and whack with your axe or stand at a distance and riddle some one with arrows).

Rabit Slayer

Old 10-18-2000, 03:22 PM   #3
DeathTouch

What abilities (wisdom, strength, etc) should a monk have? I bet wisdom is one. How does a monk become immune to normal weapons like you say?

Old 10-18-2000, 03:41 PM   #4
Rabit Slayer

Strength, Wisdom and Dexterity.

The monk is a warrior class who just happens to be a very competent cleric too. The monk has certain theiving skills like stealth and detect traps.

As for becomming immune to normal weapons this is an ability that comes about when you reach one of the Highest level (20th or 21st i think) its a naturall ability for the monk.

Old 10-18-2000, 03:44 PM   #5
DeathTouch

Thanks for the advice, but can anyone give me advice on what and how many party members I should make? I will put a monk in their, but what other people should I have? Are there any important quests I will miss out on if I dont have someone?

Old 10-18-2000, 04:05 PM   #6
A Mage named Rikard

personaly i never use a fighter
fighter have nothing special i always have a ranger
my party
Stalker (ranger)
Undead Hunter (pallie)
Avenger (druid)
Assasin (thief)
Necromancer
and Sorcerer.

eh i never multi or dual class coz in the beginning you'll be down 1 level or so but later
you'll only have half the level of singel charcter.
don't have a cleric neither but i like the avenger and she's got all healingspells
i do lose a lot of money raising people

BTW RABIT SLAYER
remember that the INSANE RABBIT CLAN WILL HUNT YOU DOWN
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sorry

bye

Old 10-18-2000, 04:32 PM   #7
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

PERSONALLY I FOUND A PARTY OF 6 PALADINS WERE ESPECIALLY EFFECTIVE AGAINST FIGHTING EVIL

DONT FOLLOW THE EVIL PATH DEATHTOUCH DON'T MAKE ME HATE YOU

SO SAYETH JEROME THE PALADIN
Old 10-18-2000, 05:01 PM   #8
DeathTouch

I dont think a group of 6 paladins would work. You couldnt use any thief skills or use any spells other than the limited selection of paladins. And what makes you think I want to be evil.

Old 10-18-2000, 07:13 PM   #9
Rabit Slayer

Bunnies are EVIL!!!!!!

Their race will be exterminated from the face of faerun. I will not tollerate the incesantly evil hopping a moment longer!!!!!

Join with me my brothers and sisters!! Let us exterminate their foullness from the world of all that is good and holy!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Old 10-18-2000, 11:14 PM   #10
DeathTouch

Can anyone help me with the number of players I should make? And can anyone give me some advice on what characters do you think I should get rid of/keep? I really want to get it right, so I dont regret what I did after I have been playing for weeks. I dont like starting over. Thanks.