Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-17-2001, 12:08 AM   #1
mlrichman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Every time I try to bless something (with a level 6 blessings skill) I'm told I need other blessings. What gives?
mlrichman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 04:31 AM   #2
Merack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I get the same, I think its because you need artifact of spirit, vine or fiend.
Merack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 08:48 AM   #3
Fantaghiro
Dungeon Master

The item probably has up to sixth level blessings and enchantments already. My characters got the Enchant skill earlier than Bless, and messed up some weapons by putting some poxy little enchantments on, so that chewed into the amount of blessing that could be done. You can only have 12 levels of Blessing OR Enchants. Also, maybe the character that is trying to bless doesn't have the Artifact spell in a suitable school of magic for the item. i.e. you can only bless Regeneration (Artifact of Spirit) on body armour, not leggings, boots, etc. So build up your blessing levels and try again.

I recommed Damage (Artifact of Fiend) and To Hit (Artifact of Spirit) for weapons and Armour (Artifact of Stone) for Armour. Sometimes you have to do a lot of switching around of stuff, but I had finally had a Ninja with Level 12 Bless who had been a Bard and a Paladin, so she was great for blessing weapons.
Some of my well-blessed weapons later in the game were formidable!
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 05:43 PM   #4
Pangur Ban

To bless for damage and armour class increases, you must have the artifact spell for Stone AND the artifact spell for Fiend. If you only have either one of these, you will get the message that you need other blessings.

Hope this helps !!

Pangur.

[This message has been edited by Pangur Ban (edited 07-18-2001).]
Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 11:00 AM   #5
Merack
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was only able to bless in artifact of stone (armour) after I had acquired the artifact of fiend spell. Before that I just got "you need other blessing" even if I picked up some ropey unchanted armour etc from the shop.
Merack is offline   Reply With Quote