Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-20-2000, 04:46 PM   #1
Lord Elric

Hi!

I just beat up Shade Lord (quite a wuzz) after sneaking by the Dragon thanks to the stone (I'm not done with him yet but I'll guess I'll wait a level or two and come back then). However I still have the Symbol of Amaunator with me and I didn't do anything specific with the statue that is described as waiting to get something put in her hands. Am I really finished here? I did cleanse the altar and allowed Mazzy to make an inscription in the altar. Should I do something more before I head back to the village and accept the gratitude of the people?

/Elric

Old 10-20-2000, 10:35 PM   #2
IRAKZAI

THATS ALL FOLKS.

I ALREADY HAD A GO AT THE DRAGON WHICH PROCEEDED TO TURN MY PARTY INTO TO BITE SIZED PIECES.

I WILL TRY AGAIN LATER WHEN I AM BETER EQUIPED. BUT I FEAR THAT IT IS ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE UNKILLABLE N.P.C.'S. I AM OFF TO SOLVE THE "BLAIR S#!T PROJECT" I MEAN THE UMAR HILLS WHICH PROJECT NOW. CATCH YOU LATER

Old 10-21-2000, 11:04 PM   #3
Tara

You're done in the hills if you've killed the shade lord. I held onto that amulet a Long time and found no use for it other than to open that door, which you've done. You can safely dump it in the pile of other useless notes and such. As a side note if you haven't already, and want to take a crack at the dragon here's how. There seems to be a bug in the priest spell Magic Resistance (it's a shield type spell). LEARN IT! Learn breach too just for good measure, that's a mage spell. Throw it at him, it will lower his magic resistance, and you'll have a chance to have dragon steak for dinner! This trick works pretty descent on some other tough magical creatures too.

If there is anything else left for you to do it might be just talking with the ogres by the river back in the Umar Hills and negotiating between them and the mayor. Enjoy!

Old 10-22-2000, 03:12 AM   #4
Erekose
The Magister

Greetings Elric, i believe we met once before on the quest for Tanelorn but i have some trouble remembering. By the way Tara i hope you remembered to talk to the monster group after you made the deal to collect the bonus item.
Cheers
Old 10-22-2000, 09:02 AM   #5
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Heres an even easier way to kill a dragon. Someone posted this simple stradegy a while ago and whoever did, thanx alot, it made my encounters with dragons ALOT easier. ANYWAY here is hoe its done,(this works on all dragons i think.If not it works on the shade dragon and the red dragon for sure) Memorise as many cloudkill and icestorm spells as you can, approach where the dragon is but make sure that you are out of view, then fire at will. Release all the cloudkill and icestorm spells you have. This works alot better on the shadow dragon as he does not heal himself fully unlike th red dragon. For the red dragon I used the same stadegy(if you even call it that) exept i used some wands of cloudkill too. He didnt even get a chance to heal himself. Anyways, good luck>
Old 10-23-2000, 06:01 AM   #6
Lord Elric

I ended up killing the dragon with Yoshimo's traps. Poor thing died straight away even though Yoshimo missed(!) his backstab..

/Elric

Old 10-23-2000, 06:12 AM   #7
Blackheart
Welcomed New User

Can any of you guys tells me where I can find the third piece of the key for Umar Hills I have Lightstone and Dawns Light parts but the third is evading me

Please help
Old 10-23-2000, 01:59 PM   #8
Gregor

Next to the room with the statue with the outstretched hands (across the letter maze) is another room. In it there is a shadow creature who wants your help. He says he stole a piece of the key. It actually is in his room in the column towards the back. A pain to find for sure. Anyway I killed the fiend... after all that's what good Paladins do... Hope this helps!