Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 08-20-2002, 01:17 PM   #1
Shadowfax
Dungeon Master

This is off topic, but my screen died about a month ago, and when I got it replaced, I couldn't get on the forum! It gave me the "Page cannot be displayed" message. Did anyone else have that problem for awhile. (Also, has anyone here done something really stupid in the game that you thought you could kill yourself over? I accidentally told Saemon that I wouldn't leave with him just recently, but saved before I realised what I'd done. I thought, no problem, I'll just check my autosave, so I deleted a game right at the end of Bodhi's maze, only to find that my autosave took place after the conversation, I'd just deleted a game that I could have used and my last saved game was before I did the Windspear hills quest... I didn't want to miss out on the fish people's city...arrggg! I thought I would die... ;_;... I digress...)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 01:19 PM   #2
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowfax:
This is off topic, but my screen died about a month ago, and when I got it replaced, I couldn't get on the forum! It gave me the "Page cannot be displayed" message. Did anyone else have that problem for awhile. (Also, has anyone here done something really stupid in the game that you thought you could kill yourself over? I accidentally told Saemon that I wouldn't leave with him just recently, but saved before I realised what I'd done. I thought, no problem, I'll just check my autosave, so I deleted a game right at the end of Bodhi's maze, only to find that my autosave took place after the conversation, I'd just deleted a game that I could have used and my last saved game was before I did the Windspear hills quest... I didn't want to miss out on the fish people's city...arrggg! I thought I would die... ;_;... I digress...)
Check your deleted items. Your save might still be there.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 01:21 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

The forum died for about a week. Its fixed now though, but at the same time we got a massive upgrade to the bandwidth, which is still being tweaked. Expect more outages for a while, but the worst is over.

Unless something else in the server decides to blow up.

EDIT -

Kaltia, not if he deleted it ingame. It is possible to recover files deleted that way though, search on google for file recovery software.

If you want to do this stop using your current computer though, normal operation will overwrite the data you need to recover, and surfing the net is particularly bad for it.

Possibly easier just to play again from windspear.

[ 08-20-2002, 01:23 PM: Message edited by: andrewas ]
Old 08-20-2002, 01:23 PM   #4
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

As for problems with the forums I couldn't get on it last night. Before that it was off for about a week non stop so that may have been why you couldn't get on it.
Old 08-20-2002, 01:38 PM   #5
Shadowfax
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:

EDIT -

Kaltia, not if he deleted it ingame. It is possible to recover files deleted that way though, search on google for file recovery software.

If you want to do this stop using your current computer though, normal operation will overwrite the data you need to recover, and surfing the net is particularly bad for it.

Possibly easier just to play again from windspear.[/QB]
HE? LoL.... I didn't think I was that manly. I'm a she. ^_^ I realise it is, but I just don't have the energy...
Old 08-20-2002, 10:32 PM   #6
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Don't worry, I had the same problem for a while.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 10:51 PM   #7
Kharn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowfax:
Just the last couple of days I tried to get here, but got that "page cannot. . ." message. Also, in the done sumpin' stoopid dept., I killed Aerie in the circus tent before I realized who she was & forgot to replay earlier game. Not until all my saves were after killing her did I realize my mistake. Ooops. No romance for me (Jahiera tried, but I kept brushing her off.) Guess my Ranger was just a dumb ol' country boy.
Old 08-21-2002, 01:46 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerr Conner:
Don't worry, I had the same problem for a while.
Hmmmm? Your gender is female?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 01:54 AM   #9
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Honestly i think that the forum has slowed down a lot !!
whacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2002, 07:21 PM   #10
Shadowfax
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Kharn:
Just the last couple of days I tried to get here, but got that "page cannot. . ." message. Also, in the done sumpin' stoopid dept., I killed Aerie in the circus tent before I realized who she was & forgot to replay earlier game. Not until all my saves were after killing her did I realize my mistake. Ooops. No romance for me (Jahiera tried, but I kept brushing her off.) Guess my Ranger was just a dumb ol' country boy.[/QB]
That makes me feel better. -pat pat-

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Hmmmm? Your gender is female?
Yes! ^-----^; <--- scary brace filled [embarassed] smile