Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2002, 09:15 PM   #31
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:

I'm afraid so.

Actually, choc is quite cute, I just wonder how Ziroc gets him to look directly at the camera if hes blind.

He looks at you when you speak. it's not like his eyes wander.. He'll look right at you.. freaky. When I first got him, I thought he was faking it.. HAHA.. j/k..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-08-2002, 09:29 PM   #32
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:

I didn't know Choc was blind !!
In fact, despite being a devoted cat lover, I haven't heard of any cat that was ..

I think sometimes they can be born blind. I remember there was a poodle for sale in the paper a while ago that needed a special home since it was born blind. Of course that's a dog but I imagine cats are similar in that way.
Old 02-08-2002, 10:05 PM   #33
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Z, I think I know why Choc seems to look at you when you call him... I dont think a cat can be completely disabled in one area... just severly weakened. They can still use their sight/smell/hearing/whatever, just not as well.

One of the four I described earlier- Minty, the pure white one- is deaf... she can hear some things though... she cant hear you yelling 'BANG' directly behind her head, and she cant hear the dog barking at her, but she can hear, for example, my watch alarm. She can here, i think, high pitched sounds... AFAICS, Choc's sight would be similar... he would probably be able to make out rough shapes, but not in as much detail as most cats can. Ofcourse, cats are very intelligant (sometimes i think theyd have to be more intelligant than alot of humans... (no i said HUMANS not POLITICIANS!!)) and so I think they would know that they were weakened in that sense, and so they wouldnt rely on it... they would thus develope their other senses just as would happen if they were completely disabled in that area.
Old 02-09-2002, 07:55 AM   #34
Legolas
Jack Burton

Either that or Choc simply turns his head just so his ears can pick up the sounds you make best.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 02-09-2002, 04:59 PM   #35
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, actually all male white cats with blue eyes are deaf, and if they have one blue eye and one another colour, they are deaf in the ear on the blue eyes side, it's a genetic defect in the male chromosone of that type, also, it's so amazing how animals compensate, I've seen a cat with three legs that could still jump up walls and such.
Also, they don't just need their eyes for that sort of thing, they can judge the distance something is from their face with their whiskers.
Amazing creatures, aint they? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2002, 05:54 AM   #36
GokuZool
Lord Ao

How did you come up with the name "Choc"? It's short for "Chocolate" isn't it [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2002, 06:02 AM   #37
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

quote:
Originally posted by Spelca:
So Choc really exists?

Did You have ANY Doubt!? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

That's Cool Ziroc. Maybe Because He Can't Use His Eyes, His Sense Of Smell And Hearing Is More Acute. Seriously, Some Blind Humans Now Use Echo-Location! Totally Weird!