Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2001, 04:34 AM   #11
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Must admit that I'd hoped Henman would win it this year but after watching Ivanisevic destroy Greg Rusedski I decided to have a bet on him and at odds of 13-1 he done me (and my wallet) proud! Still I would have gladly given up the money to see a fellow Brit actually win something for a change.
Old 07-10-2001, 04:44 AM   #12
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Well even though I am an Aussie, and a huge Pat Rafter fan, I have to admire Goran's achievements this week. With both of the finalists having tasted finals defeat before, it was always going to be especially hard on one of them. I supported Goran throughout all his losses, and even though I was barracking for Pat, I can't help but be glad that he wasn't a 4 time loser. I was worried for Pat as soon as I heard that Goran had beaten Timmy (after all, when's the last time an Englishmen tasted triumph over the OZ ).

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 06:38 AM   #13
Donut
Jack Burton

Congratulations to Goran. I have to say that it was Tim Henman who cost Rafter the championship. If Henman had won Rafter would have lifted his game against him. Why do you aussies try so much harder aginst brits. I can't believe you feel you have so much to prove after all these years.

You are a grown-up country now.

Goran Ivanisevic (Rafter Shafter)

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 07-10-2001, 07:20 AM   #14
Davros
Takhisis Follower

LOL, grown up countries just like to prove they are the big boys now .

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 07:57 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Psychedelic Buttafly:
PS I suppose you cant win everything Memnoch,lol,just wait till next weekend when the lions win the test series.Then you will have to start a post about why you are so depressed!!!

Haha!! That's a post I won't worry about ever having to start then, mate!

I hear Austin Healey and Matt Dawson, the two sourgrapes, are going to be your halfback combination. Let's hope that Henry's Most Hated can make up somewhat for the loss of Jonny Wilkinson.

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 08:00 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Oh yeah and it's Ivanisevic.....if you've heard the name I don't see how u could spell it how u spellt it. ROFL.

[This message has been edited by Vaskez (edited 07-09-2001).]
ROFL!! How many times did you have to edit this before you got it right, Vaskez?

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 08:28 AM   #17
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I was wondering that when I read that post Memmie - surely it's tongue in cheek ....... isn't it .

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 03:57 PM   #18
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

Oh well Memnoch and Davros I am afraid you cant win everything,lol,and when the British Lions win the series next weekend you will have to start a post about how bad your nation is at sports and why your depressed.Unlucky PAT!!!!!

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 03:59 PM   #19
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

Oh well Memnoch and Davros I am afraid you cant win everything,lol,and when the British Lions win the series next weekend you will have to start a post about how bad your nation is at sports and why your depressed.Unlucky PAT!!!!!

------------------
Old 07-10-2001, 06:24 PM   #20
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi PB,

I grant you that the Rugby test is more of a "toss of the coin" thing, although we have the momentum now. But no matter how that goes, we are hugely confident that we will have Steve Waugh's boys to cheer on again and again this summer. Then again, they are playing England aren't they, and any true Scot is probably cheering for OZ in that one (I know my clan over there certainly does).

I noticed when reading the papers over there that you get a certain amount of the :
Joe Smith, the English xxxxxx champion, today ran a personal best..... etc
and
Jock McSporran heralded a new era for Great Britian today when he won the......etc.

(we get it in the press here with the West Australians, and the "Australians" )

Beware Donut, the clans are restless - the gathering, the gathering, there can be only one!!!

------------------