Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2004, 09:41 AM   #1
ChrisHwk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After finishing the solo game, I have been interested in playing small parties but haven't found the "perfect" small party yet. After reading some one else talking about fairy parties I was intrigued. I love the ninja and monk character and fairy's don't suffer much in those classes cause they don't need much in the way of armor. I've previously played fairy bishops with lots of success and after reading somewhere that samurai's get more lighting strikes when their weight is kept very low I thought a fairy samurai might work pretty well.

So there you have it, the reasoning behind my latest experiment. I was a little distressed to find that a fairy samurai doesn't start with the standard samurai swords. So I had to start a hobbit samurai and recycle but that left my character naked. I hate to switch classes but because of that character starting naked, I felt I had to spend a level as a stealth character. So I switched the samurai and the bishop at the 5th level and got both of their stealth to 100 and then switched right back so I only lost one level. Naked with one ring of protection she has a AC of 13, hehe.

I'm planning on getting Antone's custom fairy armor for the samurai as soon as I get some spider silk in trynton. I'll get the Doll armor for the bishop later.

What's really suprising me so far is how well this party is doing. No one is doing a lot of damage yet, but their only level 8. I'll have the cane soon, and then plan on getting a better weapon for the samurai. I hope to get a Muramasa or a light sword. I have even been working on staff skill with the bishop and have her skill in the 20's so far. I'm gonna give her the staff of Doom. I thought of giving it to the monk, but monks kick so much butt with their bare hands and get so many attacks, it seems a waste to lose their primary skill. I love 6 or more attacks a round, each with a chance to kill.

Any way, it's been a fun party so far.
ChrisHwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 12:36 PM   #2
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I did the 3 fairie party and they were good but like I mentioned in my post, I was going crazy not being able to ID stuff and searching was no good either.
Old 06-26-2004, 05:37 PM   #3
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Monks get ID. Sams get Detection. Bishops get both.

You can also start and recycle a non-Faerie Ninja for the Tabi suit, which Faeries can wear.
I ran 4 Faeries, too: Ninja, Sam, Rogue, Bishop. They ended with: Cane and Rod, Muramasa and E. Wak, 2 Sprite's Daggers, and Doom.

[ 06-26-2004, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: Scatter ]
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 09:05 PM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I should have been more complete. I ran a 3 Fairie Ninja Party.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:56 AM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

oooh, i see, sorry...eh, 3 FN's??? Cane, Doom, and what? (Light and E. Wak?)
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 06:07 AM   #6
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Well Scatter, I didn't get that far, I think it was Nunchuka all around. I just really like searching and identifying. Even if the ID scrolls worked on anything I might have stuck with them.

[ 06-27-2004, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]