Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2006, 02:03 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have chipmunk problems at my house, and these cute vermin make holes all in the yard, some of which are big enough to snare my children's feet and make them fall...some of them washed out enough to make adults fall. I had to get rid of these pests.

I have a blowgun, and it had been a fantasy to think that I might actually be able to kill one of them with one, for I was no blowgun expert, but I knew enough to get the missle flying in the general direction. I had not even practiced in well over a year, but today when I saw one snooping about the yard on lunch break, I decided that since I had nothing better to do at the time, I'd prove to myself how silly it was to think that I could even get close enough to a chipmunk to shoot it with a dart. I mean...these things are small and really fast. They spook easier than a squirrel. I made my attempt, sneaking out the front door and tip-toe-ing around back and when I saw him, he thought he saw me too and stood up for a better look. I kept my eyes closed and stayed unmoving. When he went down to sniff the ground a bit more, I got into position and aimed (as best I knew how). When he looked up, I let the dart fly, blowing with all my strength. I watched the dart sail through the air and land somewhere near him, and then I saw that he had not run...why?

I ran up and looked and he was desperately trying to go down his hole that he was perched beside but could not because there was a dart in his head! It had gone through his eye and out the other end, and I could not believe it. I quickly ended his suffering for humane reasons, and stood in bewilderment. I had actually done it, and never expected it to actually work.

By the way, I measured the distance. 32 feet.

[ 07-28-2006, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 07-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

You are an evil person.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by armageddon272:
You are an evil person.
No, evil would have been to post pictures.
I was just lucky.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:44 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

One down, 12 to go...
Old 07-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
PETA will come looking for you, you'll need a bigger gun.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:20 PM   #6
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
PETA will come looking for you, you'll need a bigger gun.
Good one, but seriosly that was really lucky. I would probably have used my hunting bow although I'm a really crappy shooter, I'm lucky IF I hit anything in the general direction... But anyway congrats, Hunter.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #7
DragonSlayer25
Drow Warrior

You know if you put lemon juice on your darts, it paralyzes the poor animal and you can go in for the kill. It even works for larger animal, like cats and larger birds. Citric acid is basicly the same stuff that gives you muscle cramps when you over-abuse yourself (i.e. during exercise).
It\'s like a whole other world<br />Where you can smell the food<br />But you can\'t touch the silverware.<br /><br />[url]\"http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister\" target=\"_blank\">http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Porkmeister</a>
DragonSlayer25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:32 PM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonSlayer25:
You know if you put lemon juice on your darts, it paralyzes the poor animal and you can go in for the kill. It even works for larger animal, like cats and larger birds. Citric acid is basicly the same stuff that gives you muscle cramps when you over-abuse yourself (i.e. during exercise).
Oh yeah?? [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

That's what I need...to be even more effective!
Old 07-22-2006, 07:08 PM   #9
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And now like the true survivalist you must eat what you prepared, else its a waste [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2006, 07:49 PM   #10
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonSlayer25:
Citric acid is basicly the same stuff that gives you muscle cramps when you over-abuse yourself (i.e. during exercise).
I think that's lactic acid for muscles, but you're right, concentrated citric acid would work just the same especially for smaller mammals.

and where is the graphic violenece Larry? Don't tell me I'm too late and the images have been edited out of the post?

[ 07-22-2006, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]