Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-08-2004, 11:03 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

Well, it's raining here and apparantly a thunderstorm too and thats not something I see everyday, the last time I saw one was in 2001 and I've never seen so many lightnings in a row, it's almost like in the movies... [img]smile.gif[/img]

But damn they are so cool, I just love it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, do you have frequent thunderstorms where you live and how do you like it?
Old 08-08-2004, 11:11 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

When summer hits Sydney we have some wicked thunderstorms in the afternoon/night.

Mother Nature really puts on a good light show down here especially after a REALLY hot day.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:20 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Thunderstorms are very common around here, we get them about every other day (well, we do anymore, the summer has been crazy this year). When we get them, the power normally goes out and the only light we get is from candles or from the lightning.

I like rainy weather, just not the power outages that go with it.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:29 PM   #4
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

It rains as much in Kentucky as it does in some parts of the rain forest...so, yes...an emphatic yes...and we get tornadoes and lightning...

PS: How often does Iceland get thunderstorms??? You are the one from Iceland, right JC?

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 08-08-2004, 11:49 PM   #5
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

we normally get them the worst in the spring, but like Gangrell said the weather has been very strange this year, and there is frequent storms, with alot of lightning :/ I am not a big fan of them, but am getting over my recent fear of them. just lightning and thunder are ok, and can be pretty cool, we are seeing alot more just plain electrical storms, which the last time I remember seeing them before this year I was still a young child as long as there is not any hail, or tornadic activity, I guess it is ok, but we also have bad power outages here when it storms
Old 08-08-2004, 11:53 PM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

We have a lot of thunderstorms, here, in March and April, called, "severe weather season." Not in August, called, "the dog days."
Old 08-09-2004, 12:18 AM   #7
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

We don't get many thunderstorms in the northeastern part of the US, but when we do, I make sure that I watch, since I really appreciate the cosiness and invigoration they bring. They're also great lurve-making invitations. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]

EDIT: ROFL, Jorath, I love your sig, mate. I'm a huge Doc-fan. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

[ 08-09-2004, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: Arledrian ]
Old 08-09-2004, 12:21 AM   #8
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I don't get as many thunderstorms as I'd like when I'm at school, or at home for that matter... but I'd more or less like one a week. And, um, what Alex said, though I wouldn't put it quite like that.

[ 08-09-2004, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:39 AM   #9
Jorath Calar
Harper

Ilander, like I said, they are very uncommon here, I can probably count on one hand the times I'm exerienced them in my life and usually they are just one or 2 thunders in a row, but tonight I counted at least 7.

And Arledrian, I was watching Tombstone tonight, that line really cracked me up, and it was very funny that shortly after the scene were Wyatt Earp in out in the thunderstorm after his brother was shot the thunders started here... [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-09-2004, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Old 08-09-2004, 02:51 AM   #10
SecretMaster
Apophis

I just got whacked with rain last week, including thunderstorms. It is a real pain when you are playing an online game and there it comes, dead smack in the middle of it. Well now it is even worse this week, it is like 60-70 degrees out everyday when I've been used to 85-90. Weird NY weather recently. I actually wore a long sleeved shirt.