Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2002, 07:57 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

He was a big ol' fella, too...size of a small dog, with huge ears that were tipped in black. He was squeezing under a fence near the service road where I was exiting. [img]graemlins/bunny.gif[/img]

Usually you can't see them so close to the road in broad daylight, but it was storming in North Texas this afternoon and he may have been driven to seek shelter somewhere.

Anyway, it was a rare treat to actually see one of them. I'm glad he didn't get run over!

Cheers,
-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-13-2002, 08:00 PM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

A few years ago there was a porcupine walking down Main Street in Montpelier (Vermont's State capital).

Now that is something you don't see every day!

Mark
Old 06-13-2002, 08:04 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I hope he wasn't walking in the middle of the road, Mark! That would be heck on tires...not to mention the porcupine! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-13-2002, 08:09 PM   #4
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

LOL, Saz, I saw one the lst time that I was turkey-hunting. They are indeed big, and for some reason I never see them anywhere near real rabbits. Seen a roadrunner, lately? I nearly ran one over, the other day. Pretty little chaparral.
Old 06-13-2002, 10:04 PM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Cool Saz! Awesome. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-13-2002, 10:36 PM   #6
Moni

That's way cool!
I used to see them in AZ quite often but haven't seen any in Texas yet.
KHaN's parent's have a roadrunner living on the property they own next door to their house. Every now and then we'll see him cruise through their yard. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Speaking of things you don't see every day (lol, Mark!) and turkey hunting (lol) one day when I lived in Tucson, I heard my dogs barking like they'd never barked before so I went to see what they were barking at....there were two turkeys, a male and a female walking side by side down the sidewalk and on a Main Street!
By the time I got my shoes on and got outside, some kids who were visiting my neighbors across the street the other way (I lived on a corner) were already chasing them down the alley
They caught one and the kid who nabbed it took it to his dad for Thanksgiving (this was about mid-November).
They lost the other one but I know what happened to it...I took a shortcut through the extending alley down the block coming home from work one day and saw all its feathers in a pile.
I can only say in defense of these people that it was Thanksgiving, and they were poor enough to want go through that kind of trouble for something to eat.
I wish they hadn't interfered and separated them and all that, it would have been cool to see them rescued and returned to their owners but who really knows where they came from or how they got there? A godsend for hungry people maybe? Must have been. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2002, 10:53 PM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

They really are neat to watch. Belle and I see one just about every time we head down to Big Spring (they're all over the place out there). Despite some increasing growth, Sazerac's town is still really rural, especially on the north side (as is mine).

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.