Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2001, 02:12 AM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Knarfling, that's the Bard with the "Fiend" Magic. The Ninja can really only learn Moon magic.

Also: Rogues can also learn Trickery, if you keep them Rogues long enough (which, if you don't "cheat", will be after the first Brimloch Roon Thieves' Guild quest.)

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 04:23 AM   #12
Traute
The Magister

>a higher athletics skill perhaps?<
Moni, all of them are maxed out on athletics, they've been earning buckets with blessed Dragon Arrows, so they're maxed out on every skill you can buy, have all the spells, as they've been through most of the classes. And they'd inherited a Ring of Neptune from their big brothers and sisters >g<.

I think the Bard just isn't as useful a role as it was in the Wizardries.

Traute

Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 04:26 AM   #13
Traute
The Magister

Tananda,
normally I let my chars circle through a role all at the same time. In this game after a basic education in a few classes I picked Paladin, Samurai, Warlock and Bard as my final roles; everyone would go through them too, but the one most suited to the role would continue in it until it was time to change to the super-elite classes after the Heart and the last Tome became available. That way - I thought - I would have four classes that acted differently, looked different - I'd blessed the heck out of a doublet for my bard, they looked quite nice in it. And I could see that the game roleplayed a bit, too: if a Samurai changed to Bard or Warlock, her To Hit would drop one or two points.

It was my own little experiment and it failed, I'm sorry to say. I loved the Bard as a starter or early class in Wiz 6/7, but it isn't as well done in W&W.

Traute
Old 06-07-2001, 04:41 AM   #14
Traute
The Magister

Saz, I agree that the Bard was quite useful in Wiz6/7 (unless you started a Faerie Bard who didn't get the Lute). I never finished as a Bard, but I circled through the class several times in each game.
When I found out in one of my earlier games that a Bard could get Fiend magic, too, I searched either Scroll of Misinformation, but they didn't mention it. It did ´make me suspicious >g<.
I would have fancied a Druid, too, with a few nifty traits (the Diablo II add-on is going to introduce a Druid who can shape-shift, would that be feasible in a first-person game, maybe by changing the portrait??)

But now I know that I haven't overlooked any hidden options for playing a bard.

Traute
Old 06-07-2001, 11:28 AM   #15
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Traute:
Saz, I agree that the Bard was quite useful in Wiz6/7 (unless you started a Faerie Bard who didn't get the Lute). I never finished as a Bard, but I circled through the class several times in each game.
When I found out in one of my earlier games that a Bard could get Fiend magic, too, I searched either Scroll of Misinformation, but they didn't mention it. It did ´make me suspicious >g<.
I would have fancied a Druid, too, with a few nifty traits (the Diablo II add-on is going to introduce a Druid who can shape-shift, would that be feasible in a first-person game, maybe by changing the portrait??)

But now I know that I haven't overlooked any hidden options for playing a bard.

Traute
I never played Faerie in Wizardry, so I had no idea a Faerie Bard wouldn't come with a lute...I wonder why not???

I think a "shapeshifting" trait would have been totally cool for a Druid! That would make a really fun class to play. Would love to have seen something like that in W&W.

-Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 11:54 AM   #16
Traute
The Magister

>I never played Faerie in Wizardry, so I had no idea a Faerie Bard wouldn't come with a lute...I wonder why not???<

Could be too heavy? I remember that they get it in 6, but not in 7, though I only know that from Gamers as I always play imported parties - Muramasa Blade from day 1 if you're careful. I always have a Faerie in my party because of the Cane of Corpus. But my Faerie rocks even in the second half of Bane,they're so fast. Oh, if Wiz 8 could come out now, while I've three weeks' holiday to play it!!!!!

Traute