Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-06-2001, 12:21 AM   #1
joay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

in shurgeon castle i let lysandra bite me, now my warlock can't be healed.
he slowly loses hitpoints and it says "Warlock dying of bloodthirst!" in the message box.
there's no little "negative effect icon" in the corner, which confuses me. i went to the temple to get rites but it only healed my hitpoints NOT the curse. i don't have exorcism the spell.

i don't know what to do??
joay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 12:25 AM   #2
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Your character is now permanently a Vampire. There is no way to cure this. You should have gained a special ability which allows you to bite monsters to restore your hit points. This won't work on undead monsters though. At night you will gain extra combat bonuses (to hit, parry, not sure about damage). I knew about the Vampirism trait and suspected that letting Lysandra bite me would make me become a vampire so I never got it.

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 12:46 AM   #3
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

never been a vampire but I believe bloodlust potions should help....
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 01:24 AM   #4
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Once you are a vampire, you are a vampire for life. I don't think there are too many stories where a vampire was unbitten and became human. Holy water and sunlight injures vampires, it does not cure them or remove the "curse." I have never had any character become a vampire, so all I know is from what I have read. I understand there are a couple of temporary fixes that help. The first is to use the toughen spell. I understand that the hp that is lost is from the toughen spell first before your natural hit points. Spend some magic on toughen.

I understand that normal regeneration does not work properly on vampires. I have also heard that the Vampire Ring from Adrianna will keep you from losing hp, but I do know that it only works in the patched game. It will crash the unpatched game.

Your only choises are to live (or become undead) with the fact that you have a vampire in your midst, or to go back to a previous save and reload your game before Lysandra bit you.

Which ever you decide, Good Luck!

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 01:42 AM   #5
joay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i'm just going to make him invincible with toughen but i don't want to do that,
i hate cheats.
it tottally sucks that its my warlock that's a vamp.
he's the worst melee'r.

any one else any advice??
Old 06-06-2001, 01:47 AM   #6
joay
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i'm just going to make him invincible with toughen but i don't want to do that,
i hate cheats.
it tottally sucks that its my warlock that's a vamp.
he's the worst melee'r.

any one else any advice??
Old 06-06-2001, 08:55 AM   #7
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

try getting high enough in fiend magic and doing the spell that gives you the hps that you take away from the enemy. Can't think what the spell is called, but it is a 4th or 5th level spell...

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 08:59 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

joay - You need to equip something into the shield spot on your Vamp character. This will allow them to bite monsters which should help as well.

Another possibility - which I'm not sure will work, but might be worth trying, send me a copy of your gamexx.sav (no other files and zipped please) and I'll see if I can unvamp them - I have an idea on how this might be done but have never tried it so it may be a total wash out.

Wyv
Wyvern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 10:14 AM   #9
Radek
Red Dragon

I think I see one theoretical possibility for your warlock. The vampire is healed whenever it bites a red blooded being. Well, what about all those rats all around? They should be red blooded. A flamestrike or a similar spell should help. I would try to heal on them. It's a pure theory. I have no experience with vampirized characters.
Also enchant some item with Regenerate +3 effect for your warlock. I have heard that Regenerate works even for vampires. In the end, the Vampire Ring (forget the ring, it is cursed in many ways - among others it crashes the game) is Regenerate +1. Also, the Ring of the Bat gives protection from Light 15% - a welcome effect for a vampire.
Finally, the temples should heal your warlock even if he is a vampire. Also, create a list of "red blooded" monsters in the game (i.e., monsters that can heal your warlock) - the list is nowhere in the manual. Are spiders "red blooded"? And so on. The list should help during encounters with monsters - it can tell you when your warlock MUST strike.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 08:18 PM   #10
skywalker
Banned User

From past experience with my vampire character, you can suck the blood from rats and roaches (yuck). The big problem is that they don't stay still long enough to target them. A sleep spell will help.

A lot of the creatures in the game are drainable.
Mantraps are not and most undead aren't either. Though Undead Ronin are (very strange).

Try to bless a ring with multiple regeneration blessings, that will make the bloodthirst a little less trouble.

At higher levels my vamp could even score critical hits with her bite. I had a lot of fun with it and you should give it a shot.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote