Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Got a BOWL on the side of my ear now. (Filled with Gauze) [img]smile.gif[/img]
All went well!

What I have is called a Pseudo-cyst of the auricle (ear). It's not near my ear hole--it's above it.. So no hearing issues which is good. I'm on a strong pain killer (Lortab 7.5mb) so I'll be chilling for a few days... What I had was not common, but easy to correct.

I found an image of what it looks like (This IS NOT a pic of ME, just of what one looks like) hehe

So the cut it, cut out the tiny area the size of a blood vessel, and stitched it up.

As soon as I heal completely (I take the bowel off in 3 days, then in 7 days they remove the bolster (a bolster is a roll of gauze stitched onto your ear (So I have 4 piercings on my ear currently. lol) --as soon as it's all better, I'll be REALLY getting stuff done around here guys.

Expect the unexpected is coming VERY Soon. And you will die when you see it. (You will LOVE it more than ANY thing you have seen on IW before)--and it's the first MAJOR change since March 2001.

[ 08-07-2006, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

yup it has to be the drugs. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #3
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Expect the unexpected is coming VERY Soon.
We expect it now though so...*shrugs*
Old 08-07-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

nice earring: [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] (just kidding ofc)

[ 08-07-2006, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Rikard T'Aranaxz ]
Old 08-07-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Geez you scared me with that pic, Z.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 10:50 PM   #6
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

Looks like "cauliflower ear" to me. Lots of wrestlers get that, but tends not to get that big unless it's constantly aggrivated. 'Course I might be thinking of something totally different. Time to lay off the headsets for while.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:20 PM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I told you that wasn't me in the pic! lol... Yeh, I wear a pearl earring... [img]smile.gif[/img] heheh.. If I did, I'd sell it on eBay. hahaha.. never had the desire to wanna pierce my ears... just not something I'd do. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I sleep on that side of my head, I guess that did it.. or Choc used my ear as a punching bag while I was asleep! [img]smile.gif[/img]

BTW, now that the anaesthesia/numbing agent has worn off, WOW IT HURTS LIKE A MO-FO! BURNING, STINGING... I even took a pain pill, and it didn't touch it. (It says I CAN take 2 at once, so if I am to get to sleep, I gotta do it).

But DAMN.... never felt pain like that. it's so bad, I cannot read a book--can't concentrate it hurts so much.

It'll chill by tomorrow night.. then I remove the 'bowel' Wed. and then I go back Tuesday to get the bolster removed. Such a pain in the ass----er, ear. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:10 AM   #8
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

Yep the pain kicks in after a while... just go back to the hospital for morphine "Doctor give me morphinnneee!!!"
But don't worry as soon as the swelling starts to go down so will the pain *gives you a hug*
I remember that I had my gall bladder taken out a couple of years ago... I have to say though, it hurt more having it in me then it did after it was out... I had gallstones.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:08 AM   #9
wellard
Dracolisk

Never mind feeling sorry about your bloody ear Ziroc get of your arse and make another seven levels of EfU by the end of the week that’s a good chap

Actually I can sympathize, I had an operation on my ear 18 years ago with only local anesthetic, which though I could not feel a thing I could still hear the scalpel slice into me and the surgeon discussing my rate of bleeding with the rest of the crew ...

[img]graemlins/2puke.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:06 AM   #10
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Yeh, I wear a pearl earring... [img]smile.gif[/img] heheh.. If I did, I'd sell it on eBay.

i wonder how much it would sell for [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]