Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
Phantom of might and magic
Dungeon Master

OK im level 9 as kensai and have 2 stars on dual blades, 3 on katana and 2 on long swords. So what? When I dualed to mage all I could choose was quarter staff and those pesky missile weapons . No way to make him use dual katanas and mage!?? Whats the point of having kensai/mage then? So he could be better in hitting with quarter staf??? Bah!
Old 01-16-2002, 01:43 PM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

You'll get your proficiencies in katanae, longswords and dual-wielding back when you get your other fighter-skills back, at Mage level 10. Just be patient.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 01:55 PM   #3
Dungeon Master

oh my god lvl 10
What am i supposed to do to get such a high level???
All i got now is lvl 1 mage with quarter staff and magic missiles. Who can you kill with this?
Old 01-16-2002, 02:04 PM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

A Goblin
Are you soloing or in a party? If you've got a party, just let the other guys do the killing for a while. If you're soloing, do some quests that don't involve battle. You should level up very quickly either way.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 03:43 PM   #5
Dungeon Master

what quests you can do without battleing
where are they
like Anomens quest but im all by my lonesome
Old 01-16-2002, 04:12 PM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

non-combat quests are few and far between - i can't think of more than a hand full at the beginning of the game and some of those require combat to get to the non-combat solution to the quest (deliberately vague there).

Where exactly are you in the game, and what have you done?

You might have to temporarily import an NPC fighter into your party to handle combat for a while .. it will slow down your advancement a little but it wouldn't be too bad

Oh wait! Depending on how much cash you have, BUY MAGE SCROLLS and memorize spells - as many as you can afford to buy!!!!! You get xp when you learn a new spell - its 1000 xp per spell level if I remember right! If you don't have a thief, rent an NPC thief and go around town and detect traps and pick locks! you get xp for disarming traps and opening locks! Okay its kind of cheesy, but would you rather fight a vampire with a quarterstaff and magic missiles????

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 05:51 PM   #7
Dungeon Master

LOL Micah
Afraid the result would be same if as if i'd use shadow keeper to bumb my level to 10. I just came out of irenicuses dungeon alone and completed the circus quest.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:56 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer

Point well taken. [img]smile.gif[/img] Not to mention Shadowkeeper is faster!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 10:39 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Note to self: Even if all the other guys say how cool Kensai->Mages are, don't attempt to play a Kensai->Mage if you don't understand them. And don't try to play them Solo the first time, and DON'T expect them to be able to Dual-wield Katanas while they're stuck in Mage-only mode.
Old 01-16-2002, 10:46 PM   #10
Glorfindel

Note to 6ofspades: That would be a good note 2 give yourself [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote