Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-09-2001, 06:53 AM   #1
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Am currently soloing the game with a gnomish fighter-illusionist on insane difficulty. Level 12-11 . I have just confronted reijeik hidesman in his home in the bridge district, but I am having trouble with the twisted rune goon squad on the lowest level. It consists of some ghasts (easy) a bone golem which is a problem, but most annoyingly two rune assasins who can detect through both my illusion spells and cloak of non detection! And then they quadruple backstab me to death.

Any ideas or tips?
Old 12-09-2001, 07:05 AM   #2
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

...i think stoneskin might work here... (saves you from up to 6 Attacks at Lv12)
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 08:25 AM   #3
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I do use stone skin, it doesn't help against backstabs
Old 12-09-2001, 09:41 AM   #4
Tom
Elminster

Do, stone skin, mirror image, shields fire and cold at the same time, and its real simple! hehe
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 11:26 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Stoneskin does protect against backstabs.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 11:42 AM   #6
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

The problem with your stoneskins in probably that they are eating through your skins too fast, not that they don't block a backstab. When I went through solo, it took me a couple of reloads. The paralyzing effect does go through your stoneskins. If you have Sunfire, use that a few times and continue to throw stoneskins on. Definitely use one of the fire shields if you have them available.

Cast True Sight before you go down this will help with them constantly going invisible. Mislead and Prot. from ?? weapons will buy you some time.

(ADD)
If you have a minor sequencer available, load it with two Melf's Acid Arrows. This will do the original 4d4 points of damage and another 4d4 for five rounds.
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 03:00 PM   #7
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks all! The evil assassins are no more, and my quest for inevitable victory continues.......
Old 12-09-2001, 03:19 PM   #8
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

What are the "Twisted Rune Goons?" Are they those people that are in the place that you can only acess using a rogue stone?
Old 12-10-2001, 12:22 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Willard:
What are the "Twisted Rune Goons?" Are they those people that are in the place that you can only acess using a rogue stone?

Oh Heavens no, that is a totally different fight altogether. This is related to the Skinner Murder Quest in the Bridge District.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 02:41 AM   #10
Jerhal
Dungeon Master

Well, even though you all ready beat 'em I find that True Sight can be very effective against thieves, they can't back stab ya if they cant hide or go invis.

My last char was a dual Priest of Helm/Mage, free true sight with that class came in very handy.