Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 11-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up WoW- Deathwing attacks, The Shattering starts TODAY!

According to MMO champion, the patch today (Tuesday) marks the return of the elemental dragon Deathwing, resulting in the face of Azeroth being changed forever. These would be the biggest changes to the game since release, with many zones being reformed, destroyed, or just revamped.

ZG is gone, and is now a levelling zone. The barrens has gaping lava rifts in it. Desolace is not desolate anymore, but green and lush. Orgrimmar is destroyed (or at least kinda fuxxed up) then rebuilt. The gnomes finally retake Gnomeregan. The night elf lands have been reformed. Ashzara is now a low level zone with quests etc. The list goes on and on.

Some people think that only buying the expansion would let them see the new zones etc. others think these changes won't take place until expansion release. This is not the case. The expansion lets you level past 80, and play the new races. But regardless of whether you buy the xpac or not, as of today, the Azeroth we all knew is now gone forever.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Default Re: WoW- Deathwing attacks, The Shattering starts TODAY!

I hope it's true, because I spent most of last night in Org taking the last photo's I could.

kinda sad in a way, almost like saying goodbye to a friend you've known for years (sounds lame I know)

However, I'm REALLY excited about the changes and can't wait to log in and see what they've done.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It doesn't sound lame at all. I am the same way. While people are all "Yay, flying in Azeroth wtf!", I find myself lamenting the loss of the old world. No more exploring by foot or horsey, edge-walking to find unfinished areas that nobody can accesss etc. It's the end of an era! *blub*

I had no time to play last night, so didn't take shit worth of screens
Old 11-24-2010, 12:44 AM   #4
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I'm heading home now, I'll upload some shot of org before the shattering (which I believe was caused by the 3000 mammoths people were riding around )
Old 11-24-2010, 02:22 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Yep, and the new zones look SICK!!

I checked out both Stormwind and Orgrimmar on my toons, and I reckon they did a great job on both but Org just shades SW for mine. Stonetalon and Ashenvale look good too, as does the Blasted Lands and Searing Gorge. And Badlands - there's a lowbie quest there that is just too funny!

The thing that strikes me most about the new zones is the height. Kind of like when WotlK launched, the Northrend zones were all much taller and more 3D than the BC or Old World zones, to make the most of people flying. The Azeroth zones have followed a similar design principle.

More annoying is how they removed all the ports from Dal - I know that in 2 weeks time nobody will be in Dal farming as we will all be levelling, but there's still 2 weeks to go where people want to do WG, VOA and finish up with their ICC achieves - they could have waited till then to get rid of the ports. Oh well. My mage is making about 300g an hour by porting people back and forth!

Last edited by Memnoch; 11-24-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 05:08 AM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Warning, a few pics here, not that big though, might be a few people swearing too.....

Outside moments before

The Org bank....

I think I see a mammoth in there...

Who touched my leg?

My pilgrim's lined up

The last teaparty as the server goes down
Old 11-25-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Nothing quite so grand went on the night before on my server. The people on mine are so retarded they had no clue.

And yes Memnoch, it is annoying that the portals are gone, although there is an AH in Dal now (alot of people still don't know) so I don't have too much of a reason to go to Org or w/e. But then, for that matter I may aswell set my hearth to a capital city in Azeroth since Northrend has nothing different in it.

The new zones are interesting and much is different. I like the way there are now low-lvl BC raptors in the barrens for hunters to tame. Or the new hellcat model in Tirisfal. Plaguelands looks real nice now...I prefer it this way. It was TOO dreary...made questing a mind-numbing drag.

There is alot to see and do, and I imagine for the next year we will be noticing all the new additions and changes to the old world.

Btw, lol@the new druid tree-form. It reminds me of Big baby from Toy Story 3, as I run around healing people in heroics with hands flailing. It is both retarded and funny at the same time.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I forgot to add, there are completely new zones added, but I have had no luck getting into the one I tried. Anyone know if any new zones are accessible right now? I tried the one beside the wetlands...forget the name. There are also like 3 new ones near Kargath. Btw, anyone see the mountains all chopped off at the top in Kargath, lol? Deathwing capped 'em all.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:29 AM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

The new zones which are level 80+ can't be entered until you buy the Cata xpac.

I'm levelling a huntard at the moment and I'm enjoying the quests in places like 1K Needles and the Plaguelands and Badlands. There is a Badlands quest that is a classic, and the EPL quest involving the worgen caravan girl and the two pallies is hilarious and inventive at the same time.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:17 AM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

I love it, especially Org seems like a whole new world to me. Not to mention the fact that u can't mess with Gammon anymore, unless u have a healer or two to back you up, i got oneshotted by him on the first day when i released a chaosbolt on him. Also loving the new mount you can aquire for becoming exalted with the new Goblinfaction, really awesome. On my alliance toons i also enjoy the new and improved SW, the storylines of the quests scattered all over Azeroth, and basically the thrill of the upcoming expansion. I mean looking at the "blue" gear for lvl 85 that totally blows my sanctified bloodhunter's gear away, the new dungeons and raidinstances must be a real challenge. Can hardly wait!