Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-22-2000, 06:00 PM   #1
ingulf the mad

where do i find the sheild of reflection( which allows me to attack the 4 gauths in the sewer), supposed to be able to buy it off a charactor called deidre? where do i find this npc?

Old 12-22-2000, 06:04 PM   #2
Ertai, Wizard Adept

About the shield i dont know, but a good tactic to kill the gauths is summoning elemntals (they take very little damage from them)

Old 12-22-2000, 06:14 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Where I live the stores first sold the regular BGII, then two weeks later we saw the "Gold" edition of BGII (expansion pack?). Anyway, in the Gold edition, you get this extra disc to load. After you load it, you find Diedre in the Adventurer's Mart, who sells your reflection shield and other very nice items (but beware, they are expensive!). You most likely can find the expansion online and load it. Hey, wouldn't be surprised if Ironworks had it on its home page! Good luck!
Old 12-23-2000, 12:41 AM   #4
Ladyzekke

I think your right, Tobbin. I checked my inventory and the shield Deirdre sells is the Shield of Balduran, which reflects Beholder rays. Could be the same thing though that Ingulf the Mad is looking for. I don't blame you for wanting to play Torment. I absolutely loved that game! It was the first game I actually got teary-eyed at the end! I really got attached to all of my party members! I loved the way the game lets you get to know little by little your main character's past history with them. I can't wait until the next one, and by the ending, I think there will be another.
Old 12-23-2000, 01:12 AM   #5
Tobbin
Red Dragon

I believe the gold edition that you are referring to is the collector's edition. There were two add on cd's that were offered. They were not expansion packs though. Their only existence was to add a couple of merchants to the game and to add some extra soundtracks and art to the game. As for the art, it's not something that you will see in the game though, and as for the soundtracks, you really won't notice that as much either. I can't remember whether the shield of reflection was in the mart or not though. I've gone back to TORMENT for a bit. I forgot how fun that game was.
Old 12-23-2000, 01:14 PM   #6
mildred

Someone is selling it in Waukeen's Promenade, if memory serves (which it sometimes doesn't) it's in the Adventurer's mart--and I don't have the gold edition, so you should be able to find it.

Old 12-23-2000, 02:45 PM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

The Reflection Shield is in the Adventurer's Mart, and it's not even one of his cost you 50 gold pieces to look Items.
Old 12-23-2000, 06:20 PM   #8
Suul-Yinn

OK clarification. There seems to be 3 items which some of you have confused:

1. Shield of Reflection, available from Adventurer's Mart: Reflects missile weapons only, not Beholder/gauth rays
2. Shield of Balduran, available with collector's CD only: Reflects Beholder rays
3. Cloak of Mirrowing, available in Underwater city: Reflects all spells which cause damage, including most beholder spells, except mind influencing ones. WAAAY too powerful!

Hope this helps

Old 12-23-2000, 10:10 PM   #9
Ladyzekke

You are right, Suul-Yinn, as usual. You are the man!! Hey, you and your wife and family have an excellent holiday OK? Tomorrow I'll be headed for the mountains, yee haw!!(Redneck banjo playing). Talk to everyone next week, perhaps on the new Board?

The Light Shine Upon You..
Old 12-24-2000, 02:33 AM   #10
Worm
The Magister

Ahh scarry picture looks like cher with dry dry skin hah like in those commercials. (Sorry tired ranting)