Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2001, 12:55 PM   #21
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Harkoliar:
gee im so jealous with all of you... my computer is only a Celeron 433mhz with 192 sd ram capability + Nvidia Riva Tnt 32mb video card only. my computer looks pathetic compared to you guys... however this computer lasted me for 2 years so i guess its time to upgrade again... . good computer's is easy to find these days but im short on budget ;( sigh!

Hobbyists of any sort have the same lament I have 3 friends who are all into sail boats.....they are always complaining that it is a big hole in the water for them to throw their money into. Some people make it their cars, others make themselves "house poor" Me? I build bigger better computers You have to spend the money on something after all, you can't take it with you.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

Old 10-06-2001, 01:04 PM   #22
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

well, wishful thinking that i could find anything free nowadays unless i win the lottery (in which i never do) back to saving money i guess...

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 10-10-2001, 12:17 AM   #23
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

I just thought I'd add a bit of the new news in graphics cards. Maybe give you something to consider if you haven't already gotten your Elsa Epona. There's a new GeF3 card out by Abit called the Siluro. It's about the same as the Elsa out of the box, although it does have a VIVO feature (video in/ out) that is very handy for editing video or converting VHS to MPEG4 etc. The thing I really like about it though is that you can overclock it to perform WAY beyond the other cards out there and it stays completely stable. The overclocking procedure isn't too difficult and I could probably find you a link explaining how to do it if you wanted.

The other thing is NVidia is releasing the titanium GeForce3... the good thing about it is that it has a lot higher memory clock and bus speed than the standard GeForce3 so it's a lot faster right out of the box. They also claim it has some new features...but that's a marketing gimmick, anyone can get those new features on their Geforce3 just by downloading the new DetonatorXP drivers on NVidia's site.

I'm not sure what the price is on the Elsa card is, but all of the standard cards should get lots cheaper really fast since the titaniums are released.

Umm hehe I just read through and saw you already bought your card, but maybe this'll be interesting to other people on the board looking.