Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-31-2003, 03:48 AM   #1
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Which is better? Which is India more likely to do better in? Which one may as well be a boxing match? Who are the tougher players? Which do the Dutch play better?

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-31-2003, 03:54 AM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Ice Hockey is what i prefer absolutly.. i am Canadian after all!

GO Canucks!!!

[ 01-31-2003, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: Djinn Raffo ]
Old 01-31-2003, 03:57 AM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

To answer your question in the same order:
- Ice Hockey is more fun to watch because of the violence, and speed of the game, but women's hockey (and especially that of the Dutch national team, with Lieve van Kessel playing) is something that can even pull me away from soccer (which I like very, very much)
- India is better at hockey.
- Ice Hockey is of course the boxing match.. Cool!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
- Tougher players.. Dunno actually. Maybe they're even. It depends on what viewpoint you're trying to watch.
- Dutch are by far better field hockey players.. They just suck in ice hockey...

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 01-31-2003, 03:58 AM   #4
lethoso
Manshoon

after watching ice hockey during the winter olympics last year, grass hockey is definately the sissy version [img]tongue.gif[/img]

i just wish they would televise icehockey over here....
Old 01-31-2003, 04:12 AM   #5
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Heh, well I am sure you can all guess my answer. Its Ice Hockey. I think its been pretty much proven it is the fastest game (Well, beside car racing and such). Its also pretty exciting if the right teams are playing. Well, its an exciting sport with any teams playing, but I can see why people wouldnt like it too much if they watched 2 traping teams play each other and it was their first game.

Actaully, I have never watched a whole field hockey game. I watched about 15 minitues of one, and I caught my self compairing it to Ice hockey, and I was like, wow, this sucks [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Ice Hockey has it all really. Toughness, Speed, Excitment, you name it. Its also gracefull, witch is strange, because its also psycial, and those two arent paired very often. It really is fun to watch. Its fun to see Mike Modano glide through the other teams defence with such ease it almost mind boggling. Its exciting to watch Patrick Roy seemingly stop everything in his path (OMG did I just say something good about Roy?!?).

And lets not forget its quiet entertaining to see Scott Stevens lay into someone.

I do think Ice Hockey is very, very, VERY badly taken out of context. Its not a bunch of guys clobbering each other all the time. As a matter of fact, their is only usally 1 or 2, maybe 3 guys on a team that get into fights often anymore. But, the very fighting is blown way out of porportion. I cant really explain it, but its not how most people think it is.

And for those of you who want to take it out of the game...Weeell, I will refrain from posting what I really want to say, but, I will say this, take a look around the crowd next time during a fight..Guess what, no one is leaving, as a matter of fact thier standing up cheering.

Ahhh, hockey.

BTW- Djinn check your PM's over at OUAP, I think you will like my message .

Edit-Hey Yorick just curious..Have you ever watched (ice) hockey? Well, specifcly the NHL?

[ 01-31-2003, 04:19 AM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 01-31-2003, 04:16 AM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:

- Dutch are by far better field hockey players.. They just suck in ice hockey...
Nah, the Dutch simply don't care about Ice Hockey. Besides, at least with field hockey we're serious contenders for the World Championships and other important tournaments. Used to play fieldhockey myself when I was younger.
Old 01-31-2003, 04:21 AM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Iron ranger I must confess that yes I have watched some Ice Hockey, during the olympics. Not a full match though.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-31-2003, 07:04 AM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
What's next ? Football vs rugby ? I think icehockey is a more popular sport worlwide. It has more speed, power, exitement and action. Dutch people love iceskating, but not with a stick in their hands. In short... we suck at icehockey, but we rule fieldhockey. Personally i take an icehockeygame over a fieldhockeygame any day of the week. It's very entertaining to watch the Redwings beat the crap out of their opponents.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:49 AM   #9
norompanlasolas

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
quote:
Originally posted by Link:

Nah, the Dutch simply don't care about Ice Hockey. Besides, at least with field hockey we're serious contenders for the World Championships and other important tournaments. Used to play fieldhockey myself when I was younger.[/QUOTE]i seem to recall that argentina won the womens world field hockey championshisps a few months ago. it was a big deal as we defeated everyone (including australia, holland, etc). if we were as good in our economy than in our sports we would be in much better shape.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:42 AM   #10
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

I like them both but I like to watch ice hockey over field hockey. As for rugby and american football. American football all the way!