Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-21-2002, 05:54 PM   #11
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

All right mate, stay put. My friend Mr Mulder should drop by in a few hours to check things out
Old 02-21-2002, 06:31 PM   #12
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
I am reminded of that Erie Indiana Episode where the twin boys sleep in tupperware and live for a hundred years [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You seem to be reminded of that an awful lot recently...

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 02-21-2002, 07:25 PM   #13
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
All right mate, stay put. My friend Mr Mulder should drop by in a few hours to check things out
Ummm, what are you going to do to me and who is Mr Mulder? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Barry, what do you make of all this?
Old 02-21-2002, 07:36 PM   #14
Epona
Zartan

Conan, you are not alone!

I have a huge problem with static electricity. I get shocks off everything - and I give shocks to other people to the extent that you can actually see a blue spark leap between me and the other person. When I used to work in retail, handing over the change would be a nightmare - I used to pray that no-one with a pacemaker would pick my checkout.

I once (no, tell a lie, it has happened a few times) had a huge shock off a metal filing cabinet at work - the entire office heard the crack made by the spark, and it burned my fingers. I can't wear digital watches, because they stop. I have shorted out PCs. The worst thing is kissing, have you ever had an electric shock to the lips? I always try to ground myself by touching wood or plastic before I touch anything metal, or another person - it hurts both of us. Synthetic fibre carpets are my enemy, they really build up the static.

Once I was on a flight, the cabin lights were out and I had one of those synthetic blankets they give you on overnight flights. It crackled every time I shifted - one of my travelling companions told me that they could see the sparks coming off me.

And yes, I have a lot of bad hair days.

Hey, I'm just electric
Old 02-21-2002, 08:12 PM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

You should watch the movie "Powder" its a good movie that has to deal with that sorta thing...

a child who was born just after his mother was stuck dead with lightening!
Old 02-21-2002, 08:13 PM   #16
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

It problably a chemical imblance in your nerves system.
I have the same kind of exprience, execept I seem to abosrb electrical pulses, be it one of school electric orb thing a battey or even a lampost it hardly bothers me, I do suffer bad headaces if surrounded by a lot electrical devices of some time.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:34 PM   #17
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
You should watch the movie "Powder" its a good movie that has to deal with that sorta thing...

a child who was born just after his mother was stuck dead with lightening!

LOL, I've seen it, so I know exactly what you mean!!! I'm not quite like that
Old 02-21-2002, 08:53 PM   #18
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

When I was a kid, I would scoot through the house on my bedroom shoes all over the carpet. When I could feel the energy coursing through me, I would go over to my light switch and put my finger about an inch away. A lightning bolt of blue energy would come out nd sting my finger! It hurt like hell, but was the coolest thing that a kid like me could do!

I have had no other electrical powers like the ones you mentioned above, but I do know that I need to ground myself on something before kissing my wife...unless I am feeling evil and wanna get back at her for something...~hehe...
Old 02-21-2002, 09:09 PM   #19
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
but I do know that I need to ground myself on something before kissing my wife...unless I am feeling evil and wanna get back at her for something...~hehe...

Wicked Larry!
At least it's not just me that gets this, I was a little embarrassed mentioning it!
Old 02-21-2002, 10:39 PM   #20
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Maybe you are special.

I just know that I have to keep in contact with the car door before I touch the ground.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas