Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-26-2000, 10:28 AM   #1
Nina

I just barely started this game, so maybe I need to run around somewhere else before I can crack this puzzle, I don't know. My problem is that I can't get through the crypt by either the wizard's way or the warrior's way. I've tried following a walkthrough that I found online, but that just got me burned to ashes. Would anyone care to give some hints to a confused new player?

Old 11-26-2000, 11:08 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

So... you've been trying to use the "CARRY" chest option to get through those fires and keep the gate open?? The only trick to this part is just to line yourself up nicely, have the lead character carrying the chest/crate and RUN!! (shift key)

If that totally confused you, let me know!

Wyv
Old 11-28-2000, 07:14 PM   #3
Taskmaster

1. on the way with the "healing" flame: Using the levers will make "rats" appear in front of the gate, these tiny little creepings things. When you walk towards the door, the door will open, leaving the healing flame, the door will close. AT THIS MOMENT this rat MUST BE UNDER THE GATE, and it opens again....(sorry for my english, i am german).

2. the way WITHOUT healing flame (wizard i think): GO above the first 2 flames, backward the two flames and go again over these flames...door will open !

Old 11-28-2000, 07:29 PM   #4
Jungwirsch

And here's another one of those Krauts:
It's funny you mention it, I went through the crypt twice and never had a problem, I just walked over the flames briskly and that was that. It was only the second time I realized there was a door closing on me just behind me. May have to do with how one makes up his party and who's leading. At the same time, I was completely and utterly lost on other puzzles (like: getting out of the crypt after having killed the bad guy), where I wouldn't have gone anywhere without the help of this forum.
Enough of the rambling (a bad habit of men over 35), what I'm getting at is: Nice to finally see there's also women playing such a great game. Welcome to you, Nina!
Hannes

Old 11-29-2000, 04:15 AM   #5
Astyanax12

Actually there's quite a few women here, but the names don't always make it obvious, 'cos we always assume that non-gender-specific names refer to guys, right Wyvern?

Old 11-29-2000, 05:54 AM   #6
xenotoca

and to make it really worse they are better than us mere men and have finished the game and know the answers to all the questions.

Will I ever get out of Skull castle

Old 11-29-2000, 07:00 AM   #7
the mick

Well, like Nina, I just started the game...and from another comment, from Jungwirsch, I can't find my way out of the crypt either! Where do I go?
new to the forum...Evermenace, the mick

Old 11-29-2000, 08:34 AM   #8
Astyanax12

The game comes with a walkthrough for the crypt. If you are really, really stuck post a message. It's worth mentioning that just about every possible 'how do I' question has already been answered in this board so using the Search facility will probably be the quickest way to an answer.

Even xenotoca's 'Will I ever get out of Skull castle'?

The answer of course is 'Yes, if you try hard enough'

Old 11-29-2000, 09:36 AM   #9
Jungwirsch

about the assumption of non-gender specific names belonging to males: Historically, one was right with that assumption in 95% of cases. I'd be delighted to hear that the male/female ratio in people enjoying games may have changed. I may be a little out of the loop.

Old 11-29-2000, 10:12 AM   #10
dcch

Hmmmm.. let me just add that you'd be surprised at just how many gamers are female~but don't make it obvious. I've been gaming (PC) since the late 80's, and back then I certainly would find myself being one of very few doing it... and then, if you used a feminine name on a post, most of the time, you would get razzed (or flamed), but thankfully that seems to have changed.

I still use a non-gender type name (just letters actually).. just out of habit~

dh