Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2002, 02:01 AM   #1
BlackJack21
The Magister

I am planning to solo SoA and ToB with the sola mod with a Ranger/Cleric. Would it be better to dual the ranger at say level 13 or would it be better just to multiclass from the beginning? Can you complete the end of ToB without any hardiness or GWW
BlackJack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 02:16 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Both have obvious pros any cons-
Dual class will let you level at the normal rate, at the expense of levels in the first class.
Multi will let you level in both classes at once, but far slower than dualing.

Yes, you can complete TOB without warrior HLAs- remember that there have been solo Sorcerers do it, and they aren`t warriors.
BUT, you personally might need them... if you feel that you personally do use them all the time and do need them, go with Multi; if you feel you need the Cleric HLAs more, go with dual.

If you like them both, go with multi; if you can`t decide, just flip a coin [img]smile.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 03:13 AM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

I think I have made a cleric/ranger once. He wasn't able to wield ranged weapons (maybe slings). I erased her.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 03:47 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

The sling of Everard isn't enough?!? It is +5 and it needs no ammo. Moreover, the sling is a one-handed weapon so that your ranger/cleric can keep a shield in his other hand while firing from the sling. The ranger/cleric is the best character for this sling.
Otherwise, you are right. A ranger/cleric cannot use bows because of his cleric part. More precisely, either you equip a bow and lose the ability to cast spells or you unequip the bow and will be able to cast spells.
Old 10-07-2002, 10:19 AM   #5
Vedran
Lord Soth

Well, yes, but I don't like slings too much. I wield them but not use them.
If I make a ranger, I want a ranger, not a slinger.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:49 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Minor Spoilers?
~
~
~
~
When I think of multiclassed Cleric/Rangers, I think of dualwielding the Flail of Ages and Crom Faeyr... throw in a few personal booster spells and he will roar!

Armor of Faith, Draw Upon Holy Might, Free Action, Protection from Evil 10' Radius, Chaotic Commands, Ironskins, Insect Plague, Righteous Magic, True Sight, Blade Barrier, Harm, Physical Mirror, Nature's Beauty, Shield of the Archons, etc... These are some of the good spells.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 01:08 PM   #7
Alson
Galvatron

Oh yea, Ranger/Cleric rock, no doubt!

IMO, Fighter/Mage are even better, though...
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 04:59 PM   #8
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

DUAL!!!!!
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 05:03 PM   #9
DJG
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by DJG:
DUAL!!!!!
Ooops, sorry! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I think Duals are better, because if you are a Level 2 fighter dualed to any class, you can still have +5s, and get all the advantages of both classes.

Mages can get to almost as higher level as normal, and can even have +5 in Katana, and wear Aslypherund Chain +5!

How good are Duals?

(I prefer a true class Swashbuckler Elf myself though!)
DJG is offline   Reply With Quote